Ogbourne

richbrummitt

I just need to know one thing; where they are…

29945831-0CEB-4063-B097-9B5DF0A9544D.jpeg.b0e1ce05522082b9d0e4e1f168b9b1d3.jpeg

Stop your grinning and drop your linen: Found ‘em. 

At least I think I have. You might just be able to spot it in the picture above. An actuation rod is protruding too far and fouling the rail. Continued prodding with a continuity tester suggests it is resolved now I’ve given it a trim. To get back to where I hoped I was I have: One servo mount to align, One servo to reunite with aforementioned mount, A couple of wires (needlessly severed as it turns out) to rejoin and a microswitch to attach. If that is all I can be feeling happy with that. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, CF MRC said:

Just turn up the amps until

something glows / smokes…

Tim

Done in a dark room Tim's method can prove very effective - it is the only easy way that I have found of finding a copper-clad gap that isn't quite a gap (even though I always test every single one individually before soldering them up).

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

15 minutes effort and the test engine can traverse all the switch and crossing work. 

7ABE5553-F609-4020-AA0A-C3BA882553BD.jpeg.a82e174cc599309d673463db08b41423.jpeg

Better than waiting months for the motivation to return. Now two wires and that section of track I added to the right hand end of the picture can be active and allow some proper play testing to be undertaken. 

• Like 12
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
On 21/02/2023 at 17:26, richbrummitt said:

I just need to know one thing; where they are…

29945831-0CEB-4063-B097-9B5DF0A9544D.jpeg.b0e1ce05522082b9d0e4e1f168b9b1d3.jpeg

Stop your grinning and drop your linen: Found ‘em. 

At least I think I have. You might just be able to spot it in the picture above. An actuation rod is protruding too far and fouling the rail. Continued prodding with a continuity tester suggests it is resolved now I’ve given it a trim. To get back to where I hoped I was I have: One servo mount to align, One servo to reunite with aforementioned mount, A couple of wires (needlessly severed as it turns out) to rejoin and a microswitch to attach. If that is all I can be feeling happy with that. 

Did you take that photo in Australia Rich? 😜

Nice work - good to see traction again on this....

• Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, bcnPete said:

Did you take that photo in Australia Rich? 😜

Taken by iPhone, which speaks to me in Australian. 

1 hour ago, bcnPete said:

Nice work - good to see traction again on this....

Thanks. I cleaned the track this morning and shuffled a handful of wagons around with a loco. One partial derailment due to a track issue but a good fun, and useful to find a problem now. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1