Posted (edited)

My next tome was due out in the summer but has been put back to November.

This is a mock up of the cover.

107E8B98-16FA-4711-9887-0FB4E340283F.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 2

Looking forwards to this, firmly focused on my part of the world. Is that the one horse station in the middle of nowhere that is Southease top right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Looking forwards to this, firmly focused on my part of the world. Is that the one horse station in the middle of nowhere that is Southease top right?

Looks very much like Southease (& Rodmell as I recall it used to be).

I remember travelling from Lewes to Seaford in the baggage cage of a 4-CIG one stormy winter evening in the mid 1980s to visit my Grandparents.  The coach sides were rattling with the wind roaring outside but we still stopped there for no-one to alight or disembark.

I was, however, thankful for its presence many years later on a South Downs Way walk there from Eastbourne.  My feet were incredibly sore and my knees had resigned in protest.

Cheers

Darius

6 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Correct John.

Many years ago Brighton MRC used to run a car treasure hunt in the summer, of which I was one of the organisers. One year we had set a clue that involved working the user operated wind up level crossing booms, after getting permission from the signalman. With about 12 cars in the treasure hunt we changed the clue to the near side of the barriers, other the signalman would have been not best pleased with loads of calls.

As it turned out a later clue at Newhaven which involved the West Quay? cannon caused chaos as the cannon was actually on the East Quay and the swing Bridge opened in the middle of it.

• Like 1

Look forward to this one Andy. Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

Will the delay allow you to correct the cover... “These previously photographs...”???

49 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Will the delay allow you to correct the cover... “These previously photographs...”???

The typo had already been passed to the publishers, thanks. 

I’ve just been advised of another delay to publication, now April 2021. This is due to reduced facilities available as a result of Covid19.

I’m currently about 60% through the pictures and 40% through the captions for the follow on book which is the NE- SW route and the NW-SE route.....with some of the East Anglia workings. It will have a snappier title!

Lots of interesting traction, class 31, 35, 37, 40, 45, 46, 47, 50.....including a photo of a Hoover on a Dover working in darkest Kent......Westerns and various AC electrics.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1