Does anyone offer a 3d print service & can a design be done from a photo?

My great grandfather owned the first steam wagon in Nelson & it was named after my grandma. 

I would really like to have a model of the lorry as it's a piece of my familys history. I've no idea what type of steam wagon it is I just have a very good photo of it.

Can a 1.76 scale model be made from just a photo & does anyone offer a service to do such a thing?

Edited by Rhb Simon

• RMweb Gold

It is certainly feasible. But perhaps better to put up the photo here. Somebody will probably know what type it is and there may already be a model available. At the very least, it would enable someone to research further photos/drawings to work from.

I am sure someone locally should be able to identify what type of steam wagon this was.

One photo might help, but more information would be needed to design a model. I have found that railways are a lot easier to research than road veheicles, in particular scale drawings of any sort. Despite steam wagons being popular for model engineers ,there don't seem to be drawings published, or at least advertised as such, and those that do exist are aimed at model engineers.

Having said that, with suitable drawings it should be possible to design a model for 3D printing.