BR livery 57XX chassis questions

spikey

I'm trying to establish which Bachmann 57XX's in BR livery have the sprung centre drivers.

I know for sure that running no 7739 (32-211 of 2005) and 8732 (32-216 of 2011) both do.  As far as I know, the only other BR-livery 57XX's produced between those dates were 5757 and 5766, those being 32-212 and 32-214 of 2005 and 2009 respectively.  Am I therefore correct in assuming that those two (5757 and 5766) also have the sprung centre drivers?  And that the ones that came after 8732 are on the revised chassis with centre drivers driven?  

• RMweb Premium

For the 57xx family, the easy way to tell if it’s a sprung chassis is to look at the wheels. If you can see the end of the axle it’s got a sprung axle chassis. 

From at least 32-200 onwards all 57xx family high and low cab, had the sprung chassis, and all driving on the rear axle.

Edited by PMP
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PMP said:

For the 57xx family, the easy way to tell if it’s a sprung chassis is to look at the wheels. If you can see the end of the axle it’s got a sprung axle chassis. From at least 32-200 onwards all 57xx family high and low cab, had the sprung chassis, and all driving on the rear axle.

Thanks, so 32-214 (running number 5766 will be sprung.  Right then, it looks to me like the definitive list of post-split-chassis 57XX panniers in pristine BR livery (early or late) is :-

32-211 r/no 7739

32-212          5757

32-214          5766

32-216          8732

Any dissenters? :)

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, spikey said:

Any dissenters? :)

Any 57xx derivatives from 32-200 are the current design chassis. There’s no revised chassis with centre drive.

With the older catalogue numbers around that time they also had ‘DC’ suffixes if I recall correctly, this indicated DCC compatibility. The first versions of the chassis were DC, DCC ready, 8 pin blanking plate, and DCC fitted. The mechanisms however were all identical just the internal weights and circuit boards differed.

• Informative/Useful 2