GWR goods yard station terminus

• RMweb Gold

That's a bit open-ended.

How much space? What scale? What locomotive types? Country, seaside, urban?

There are numerous books with plans of GW stations. So we can certainly signpost you if you give us a bit more of a start point.

• Friendly/supportive 1

So, my baseboard in an l shape. 6ft by 8ft. The main locos will be a Castle, dean goods, collett goods, a rebuilt west country, a prairie and a grange. I don't really mind what area of land it is, but preferrably on a small branchline terminus that meets up with a main line somewhere if possible. Thank you so much.

P.S: I am new to this so sorry about the vague question. Many thanks. :)

Hello ,    To start with, you could give a look at this site:  FreeTrackPans.com

They have a large selection of layout plans for many different sizes and shapes.  The information given with each plan is very limited, but it should be enough to give you an idea of how much space is needed, and what is possible in the area - you don't specify the scale you want to use, - but I suspect it is oo gauge.  The next best place to look for ideas would be the little plan books published by PECO. '60 Plans for Small Railways'/Locations. 'Track Plans for Various Locations'. Both books by CJ Freezer.  About £1.60 or so each.  These have many small layouts suitable for your  6'x8' baseboard, with much more detail provided on each plan.

Hope that will get you started...

Regards

SIGTECH.

• Thanks 1