Pullman Coaches for Winston Churchill

Just wondering if anyone else here has the Hornby Winston Churchill train pack? This comes with utility van S2464S in Pullman livery and two Pullman coaches Lydia and Perseus. It is a real shame that Hornby didn't produce the other coaches, Carina, car 208 and Isle of Thanet. I think Hornby do Carina as a separate item, but it would be nice of the other two coaches were available. Has anyone else managed to replicate the other two coaches successfully? I know that you can buy self adhesive names to re-name coaches. If they were bog-standard Pullman brakes, I have quite a few of the older ones with silver roofs which I can super detail. However, they do not have working table lamps. If that is the case, can you buy working table lamp units separately that can be fitted instead?

Many thank,

Gary 

Hi Zedcell,

Thanks for that info. I was toying with the idea of turning the shades from Perspex rod, using thin brass tube and a combination of fibre optics and LEDs. I have a lot of old K type Hornby brake Pullmans I can super-detail. They have all been re-wheeled with Romford wheels, so fitting pick-ups is not a problem and I have a pack of LHP transfers (I bought these for renaming my Hornby 1934 Brighton Belle unit as the second one). Repainting the roofs is not too much of a problem, I'll just air brush them the correct colour.

Thanks again,

Gary

Hi Zedcell,

Went on the DCC kits for working table lamps that can be used in Hornby Pullmans. Very nice and very expensive! With another £20 or so, I could buy a brand new Pullman. Another thing I am thinking of is constant train lighting. I don't use DCC. I have found that I can run 12 Volt LED strips through a bridge rectifier to allow for reversal of voltage (you can get quite small ones from RS components).  Just wondering if it is possible use capacitors to keep the lights on when the power is off?

Gary