Is Loconet Checker still available

franco330

Hi guys, I am commissioning my extended layout and need to list the TrainController Bronze  block assignments etc to diagnose a problem. Some time ago I used Loconet Checker which was the perfect tool for the job and lots of other stuff. Does anyone know if it is still available? All I can find is a site called 'software informer' which seems to be the only source and has indifferent feedback.

Is there another source? , How could I get my hands on a copy? Has it been superseded by some other technique in Traincontroller or Digitrax for Windows?

Any steer gratefully received.

Stefan Trachsler withdrew LocoNet Checker a few years ago.  
I understand he had a dispute with Digitrax over them not providing information and/or hardware for their more recent systems, and therefore felt he had no way to ensure the tool properly worked with the new hardware. 

You may find someone who has a copy, though passing it over may break the terms of copyright and license.   Next best tool are the Loconet diagnostics in JMRI, most reports say "works, but not as good". 

- Nigel

• Like 1

That's really helpful and explains what I thought I had discovered.

I shall have to search my laptop to see if I have a hidden old copy. JMRI always sound difficult, but I'l take yr advice and have a look.

Frank

Would anyone feel able to lend me a copy of Loconet  Checker for a couple of weeks just  to diagnose my issues to avoid breaking any terms of Use. (I think I recall it was Freeware anyway)

Frank

• RMweb Gold
On 23/04/2020 at 09:46, franco330 said:

JMRI always sound difficult,

Agreed JMRI sounds difficult, but you don’t need to ‘do’ any JMRI to use the Loconet monitor.   It’s available in decoder pro which is where I use it.

I run my Traincontroller on a dedicated laptop and monitor on my normal one - then there’s no clash between programmes as I’m just monitoring on the second one.  Does need a second Locobuffer though.

HTH,

Paul.

Edited by 5BarVT
To add detail of my usage.
  • Like 1

Thanks Paul, I just had a quick look around based on yr installation and it doesn't too scary after all.

Looks like a useful tool and there seems to be plenty of help available so thanks for the encouragement.

Frank

• Like 1