NHS class 66

Stueyboy43

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, Stueyboy43 said:

You beat me to it with this post. 

It would be good if Bachmann could produce this loco in it's latest NHS livery in OO Gauge, even though Bachmann have already produced 66731 in GBRf Europorte livery before, I am sure this new livery would sell well. It would be excellent if a percentage from each loco sold could be donated to the NHS. If this was to happen I would definitely buy one. 

Come on Bachmann, make it happen. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Given the long lead times, would it be relevant when it arrives.

Probably even more so as we will know the true impact,

. . . may well still be experiencing it?

Guesswork.

Bachmann are possible, Hattons and Hornby less likely anytime soon.

There are 3 choices for a manufacturer:

1. dedicated production run - talking thousand to thousands of units
  2. add on to an existing planned production run
  3. plan a new production run with multiple liveries, NHS included.

Hattons would be in 1 or 3 given they are in the process of receiving the current large order.  Given not just the abundance of Class 66 stock on hand, but the amount already in the pipeline from Hornby and Bachmann, this would be dangerous.

Hornby have some with an eta listed as July - this would imply they are already in production.  If pre-orders are bad Hornby could possibly take some of this production run and change it to NHS, but the factory would be very unhappy and there would be a cost.

Bachmann are currently listing theirs for September, so they likely still have time to add a variation and add it to the order prior to the production process starting.  But they would be need to be quick.

As anything, anyone wanting this is best to provide feedback directly to Bachmann and to your retailer of choice (who can then also provide feedback to Bachmann).

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 25/04/2020 at 20:18, mdvle said:

Guesswork.

Bachmann are possible, Hattons and Hornby less likely anytime soon.

There are 3 choices for a manufacturer:

1. dedicated production run - talking thousand to thousands of units
  2. add on to an existing planned production run
  3. plan a new production run with multiple liveries, NHS included.

Hattons would be in 1 or 3 given they are in the process of receiving the current large order.  Given not just the abundance of Class 66 stock on hand, but the amount already in the pipeline from Hornby and Bachmann, this would be dangerous.

Hornby have some with an eta listed as July - this would imply they are already in production.  If pre-orders are bad Hornby could possibly take some of this production run and change it to NHS, but the factory would be very unhappy and there would be a cost.

Bachmann are currently listing theirs for September, so they likely still have time to add a variation and add it to the order prior to the production process starting.  But they would be need to be quick.

As anything, anyone wanting this is best to provide feedback directly to Bachmann and to your retailer of choice (who can then also provide feedback to Bachmann).

of that List Hornby would be the one with the highest population density reach.., beyond usual modellers.

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, 7013 said:

Three contenders...question is who can ramp up production of the NHS 66 quickest? (rhetorical question really).

Always amuses me most people's go to manufacturer when requesting a special livery at short notice is Bachmann, when I should say they are the least likely to be able to do anything quickly. Hornby seems to be able to reschedule/reprioritise the production of models on fairly short timescales and in this case Hatton's probably too as they seem to be able to add new liveries if they already have a production run in hand. i suspect that's to do with Hornby and Hatton's using external suppliers who will do what you want if you pay, whereas with Bachmann its in house so extra costs are frowned upon.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, beast66606 said:

Named "Capt. Tom Moore A True British Inspiration" and into service this morning.

do we know what service it’s on?

i cheekily asked John smith if it could go on 4M51/4O23 so it could do a nice long run for its first trip (Southampton to Manchester) and also I could get some pics of it!

as for the model, I’ll be first in the queue if Bachmann open the order books on one,

do they have this shell with the correct side windows though, not that it would bother me that much tbf?

If Hornby and Bachmann want to commemorate British heroes of Coronovirus, maybe they should make these models in Britain, not China?

Great to seen the railways commemorating our heroes.  I think some good will come out of all this.  We have begun to remember what is really important once again.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, fezza said:

If Hornby and Bachmann want to commemorate British heroes of Coronovirus, maybe they should make these models in Britain, not China?

Really! 

not the time and place for this discussion surely? 

• Agree 6
  • Funny 1

I'm as happy as anyone to discuss the bogie detail on a Hornby 800.  However some of us also care about where our model trains come from, how they are produced, who is exploited, who suffers and who benefits.

The money we spend has a global impact - on them and us.

• Agree 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, fezza said:

However some of us also care about where our model trains come from, how they are produced, who is exploited, who suffers and who benefits.

Yeah well this isn't the time or place for xenophobic politics. Your previous post was removed after reports.

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Yeah well this isn't the time or place for xenophobic politics. Your previous post was removed after reports.

Xenophbic?? People DO care where their products are made. I choose what products I buy and where from.  It might cost me a bit more to buy British, but so be it.

• Agree 2