Virtual Members' Day Exhibition - the layouts

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

Perhaps you can post it up here, then we'll know where to go.

Al.

Don't worry, Al. Stu will tell us where to go............

• Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Don't worry, Al. Stu will tell us where to go............

3 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

He usually does.... :D

Al

You need to go to the catering hatch...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

You need to go to the catering hatch...

Cake bought. 

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Great start to the show and I have only just got in the door. Is there time to buy some more raffle tickets? Ah good I have got my cuppa. Oh the dogs needs a walk now should have left her at home.

Thanks for all the time and trouble chaps. I feel I should be helping out need any chairs or tables putting out.

Don

• Like 2

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

Here's an introduction to Ladmanlow Sidings:

That's excellent Alister; really enjoyable and I loved the excursion photoshoot which gives a great CHPR feel to it all. Cracking job!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

That's excellent Alister; really enjoyable and I loved the excursion photoshoot which gives a great CHPR feel to it all. Cracking job!

Thanks Andy, much appreciated.

Al.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, bcnPete said:

Kyle of Lochalsh - 2mm Finescale

EFF7FE28-E675-4EB2-8C19-805DA6FAD194.jpeg.a61cbb8768fbd738553c79495b7a6463.jpeg

Originally built in Barcelona in a box file and transported to a small UK exhibition in hand luggage via a well known low cost carrier, the layout has since had two makeovers. The idea was to try and take the main ingredients of one half of the station and capture it as an extract. The scenic section of the layout is approximately 600mm x 105mm. Track is built using the (at the time) newly introduced 2mm Association easitrac with turnouts built in copper clad and code 40 rail. The era set is BR blue starting with class 24’s which gradually evolve into class 26’s and finally the large logo class 37/4’s. When conceived the layout was originally DC and has now been upgraded to DCC with locomotives gradually fitted with sound chips. Gotta love a grubby noisy tractor!

Feel free to ask any questions and as I am on my own today I will be grateful if someone can take over the controls during the obligatory nips to the loo and then grab some pasties en route back :D

Beautifully detailed!

• Like 2
  • Agree 9
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, 43110andyb said:

What a lovely morning not to attend an exhibition! Thought we would go for a new set up time record for Charwelton into the 80’s today.

Usually takes around an hour to get the boards up but I reckon we can beat that today!

are we ready! 3........2.........1............ Go Go Go.........

Now the layout is up we can start putting the stock on........just hope we get it all out before the crowds come in :scratchhead:

59903324_1233040190192683_2997073667147431936_o.jpg.808d968542d01c6261d0faff9145cd2e.jpg60152792_1233040316859337_664392201869983744_o.jpg.cce04b970e7aee4ed1ce28ecea4a7838.jpg

Its only a little fiddle yard see :jester:

Is it me or have those walls changed again :dontknow: might be the very late night in the pub, the landlord said something about the beer going off. Would have been rude not to help him out.

Edited by Mr.S.corn78
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It didn't take too long to set up.

You know, I can't even remember whether Keyhaven ever took a trip down the M5 to Taunton. The years become a blur. If I did, here's a reminder. If I didn't, here's something new. But old. And gone the way of all old layouts.

As the layout often sat near the desk there was often a chance for a nighttime shot. I can't remember the make of the yard lamps but they plugged in and out of lovely embedded sockets.

jpg42.jpg

Particularly love the night time shots Andy!

• Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Thanks 1