Virtual Members' Day Exhibition - the layouts

Aaaaaagghhhhhh! I have left one of my stock boxes at home!      Just enough time though I reckon to do the 600 mile round trip and back before it starts??? :superman:

Yes I’m back and It’s that troublesome ‘Jolly green giant’ stock tray again- 

776341E8-90F9-4B92-A36E-C1BCAB1E83BC.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, Tony Teague said:

Gilbert

Great images of a lovely layout - lots of beautifully observed detail.

You didn't say, but is this 4mm?

Tony

16mm - I'll sort out some layout info Tony - nice thing about today is I could set up then pop back to bed for a lie in....

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Tony Teague said:

Gilbert

Great images of a lovely layout - lots of beautifully observed detail.

You didn't say, but is this 4mm?

Tony

Here we go...

Gare de Brindille is my first attempt at an SM32 layout and is something of an experiment as unusually for this scale (normally used for garden railways) the locomotives are track powered rather than radio controlled.

It is a simple test track laid out as an “Inglenook” or shunting twig and has been built using Peco track. It is designed to allow us to play trains by shunting the various WDLR wagons I have built from kits as a result of an increasing interest in the WDLR 100 years on from the First World War. The publication of the “WDLR Album” compiled by Roy C Link and the chance purchase of the Swift Sixteen “Protected Simplex” or “Tin Turtle” at “Tracks to the Trenches” at Apedale in 2015 were major factors in the development of the layout. It contains a number of scenic elements typical of the World War 1 narrow gauge railways and very loosely represents a small loading point some way behind the trenches.

The layout is run with an NCE DCC system and the locomotives are sound chipped with Zimo decoders from Digitrains. They represent the small petrol engine locomotives typical of the era and are built from kits by Swift Sixteen and PDF models. The wagons are kit-built and modified plastic, resin and wooden kits from Swift Sixteen, Andel, Red Star and Slaters.

Chris

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

Right, finally got the legs on the right way round...

Here's an introduction to Ladmanlow Sidings:

Now, just need to find a socket to plug the extension cable in...

Al

Brilliant job on the video and a cracking layout, top drawer stuff.

Cheers for sharing and attending.

Ade

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Mr.S.corn78 said:

Now the layout is up we can start putting the stock on........just hope we get it all out before the crowds come in :scratchhead:

Its only a little fiddle yard see :jester:

Is it me or have those walls changed again :dontknow: might be the very late night in the pub, the landlord said something about the beer going off. Would have been rude not to help him out.

I didn't get very far with the pub quiz so can I claim an extra point for recognising that as part of Derby Roundhouse - another event that's not taking place this year.

Great to see the progress on the work done so far in not setting up the show. I hope you all enjoy not being there.

Mike

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Mike Bellamy said:

I didn't get very far with the pub quiz so can I claim an extra point for recognising that as part of Derby Roundhouse - another event that's not taking place this year.

Great to see the progress on the work done so far in not setting up the show. I hope you all enjoy not being there.

Mike

You can have two extra.....

We don't normallly take photos during the stocking up but i did at the Roundhouse for some reason. Glad i did now & must do it more often at shows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1