Virtual Members' Day Exhibition - the layouts

I'm currently playing trackmaster trains in the garden and reading this when I'm not being interrupted to break up 'fights' between the engines and asked which engine I'm going to be next. Thoroughly enjoyed the content. Someone else got there first with Thomas. Here's another for the 'children' to spot and unlike my Thomas I actually did some modelling to get this. No prizes for the engine name or number. The track is laid now on our spare room project (an N gauge roundy for the currently 5yo. and me) to play and watch the trains go by. A long way to go but I'm hoping to involve our son on some Scalescenes kits and scenery to populate it in the coming years. We previously had a board with two loops but it was only 650mm wide on the short side and the larger engines didn't like the tightest part of the transition curves. 

20200410_193946.jpg.eaffb006f852b6c5504459b050a7b5b3.jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

This was the last train out of Albion Yard at Warley 2013. The final exhibition for the layout. Except it wasn’t. It had more shows than Frank Sinatra after his retirement..

14458DAE-E058-49F9-80CD-D7C7C77AEF3B.jpeg

• Like 19

38 minutes ago, Brinkly said:

post-658-0-10262600-1461535242.jpg.80c66e9c9d90a8c982876fdd7d4a767a.jpg

Just walked into the small hall to witness @Andy Y off to do a spot of social distancing up stairs. 

About time for a @Captain Kernow announcement soon isn't it? 

Is that the High Speed Stairlift model? To get you upstairs before you forget why you want to go there... :scratchhead: :dontknow: :mosking:

Have enjoyed the Show, but as seems all too common at other Shows, in all the layout photos, nothing was moving!!! :rolleyes: :no:

Thankfully some of the owners brought video clips with them. :good: :D

• Like 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

Well I'm back home after having been nowhere to see a superb show , I don't recall ever having seen so

many exhibits at Taunton before , so it's a big thanks to all who made this a very different but none the less

special event , I think it will be talked about for many years to come and people will be able to say 'I was

there ' .

To think that in these time when folk have a lot of uncertainty in their daily lives we still manage

to come together as a group and put our worries behind us for one day is a tribute to all who

enjoy this hobby .

Even in a virtual day we have had the same atmosphere as at the real deal , good modeling , great banter

and thing to see and enjoy .

A big thanks to everyone who entered into the spirit of the day from organising , presenting , catering ,

and buying raffle tickets to support a worthy cause .

Take care everyone and hope you all remain safe and most importantly healthy .

Edited by Sidecar Racer
Sent before finished , typo finger , again .
  • Like 6
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, SouthernRegionSteam said:

And as is usual, I roll up late to the party; thank goodness it's virtual! Before I begin, just a quick note to once again thank everyone; from organising, to donating, to spending hours preparing posts and videos... well, it's been an utterly fantastic long weekend! So, without further ado...

...join me, if you will, as I reminisce about the summer holidays...

858057431_WelcometoSandyShores.jpg.b8b68bf114730cf45016ad31fa085b07.jpg

For those that don't know, Sandy Shores is my dream layout; that is, a place I really with existed somewhere on the south coast. A little spit with it's very own narrow gauge railway that provides the only form of transportation along the length of the spit. I won't bore you all with the details (you can always check the link in my signature), so instead, here's a 6 minute (ish) video showing a typical afternoon at Sandy Shores. If you can, I recommend watching with the sound on; I've married the footage to a piece of music I composed. *

*Please excuse the dodgy filming; controlling locomotives, and the zoom, pan, and focus pull of a camera with an old lens is nigh on impossible!

And for those that would like a trackplan, I am all too happy to supply:

2103776030_2020UpdatedLayoutPlan-SandyShores-small.jpg.a44d1ac663ee3bd87dc97951367e215e.jpg

Hopefully the layout gives off the charm of a typical British seaside holiday.
[Sniped]

Here's to great company, and a top show!

Fantastic Stuff Jam, well worth the wait and a great end to the fab day! 

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, AY Mod said:

It's mayhem in here

I reckon your watch is fast.  It's only Aprilhem here.  No wonder no-one was ready on time!  :jester:

• Like 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I think it's safe to say that today has definitely been the best show we never went to and that's down to everyone who has taken part in the topics today and in the run up to the day. It's been very obvious that a lot of people have spent a lot of time reading these topics and participating.

About this time of the day I get up on a chair and thank everyone involved. Particularly Stu for organising the layouts, Brinkly, Taz, Simon and John for setting up and everyone who's gone out of their way, at their own time and expense, to come along and make it one of the most enjoyable days in the modelling calendar. The catering team always does us proud and thank you for everyone for the cakes you brought along. Thanks for the bring and buy too (sadly we ran out of time to include that this year), the modular layout team and more besides.

I look a bit daft standing on this chair today in the kitchen doing this but it's just as relevant. I thank each and every one of you for entering into the spirit of the occasion, it's been fun and a worthy replacement of an event we couldn't do. very worthy, in fact as your support for the whole event and its lead up has played a part in the fundraising. Readers have raised over £6,600 so far in the prize draw fundraiser and then there's the catering purchases to be totted up by Stu; your readerrs really do seem to love what's been done.

We clap on a Thursday night but you all deserve a huge round of applause for what you've collectively achieved with a great event today and some fun in the run up to it all.

Now it would time to pack up, head home and empty the hall by 5 and take the keys back. Thanks to the distorted reality of our virtual world everyone can stay as long as they're happy to.

Thank you for not coming today, we hope to see you for real next year!

Splendid summing up Andy and thank you for the contribution made by yourself and Phil to what will go down as a classic event. 

Bloody good show!!

Rob. 

20190815_063251.png

• Agree 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

Sheep Dip is up and running. In terms of prototype location etc, I've not thought about that too much. It's just a product of my woolly brain. 

The above vidjoe explains a few aspects of the layout. I apologise for my delivery which is in the somewhat hushed tones of a Welsh David Attenborough watching a family of gorillas.

Seeing Sheep Dip was going to be one of the highlights for me at the Members Day, Rob and I now think I've been able to get a good impression, thanks to the video and excellent commentary.

Fab, just fab, mate.

PS. You've inspired me to have a go at weathering one of my own Pecketts, too. One even got to remote Radnorshire. Funny, that.

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1