Virtual Members' Day Exhibition - the layouts

• RMweb Premium

As the curtain doesn't come down on the Member's Day I can say without doubt it's the best one I have never been to.  The star of the non-comestibles not there was Treneglos and from the kitchen it wasn't the pasties.  

The funds have been swelled by about what I would normally have spent around the hall through the day.  

See you next year.  

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Captain Kernow said:

Seeing Sheep Dip was going to be one of the highlights for me at the Members Day, Rob and I now think I've been able to get a good impression, thanks to the video and excellent commentary.

Fab, just fab, mate.

PS. You've inspired me to have a go at weathering one of my own Pecketts, too. One even got to remote Radnorshire. Funny, that.

Glad to be of service, however small, Tim. Thank you. 

Likewise, a visit to Bethesda was/ is eagerly anticipated. Again, the videos are much enjoyed and will not doubt be viewed over and over. 

I will of course have a different view of the Blue Danube from today on....

Mange Tout. 

Rob. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

As always you get home and find you missed something!

A huge thank you to all who organised the members ‘not’ day and those who’ve exhibited, (especially their layouts though the rest was nearly as good and managed to stay relatively tasteful ;) )

At least we know we can have nearly as much fun not doing it in person. 
Time for the rest of the cake :) 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

As we need to be out by five, I thought I'd get the hoover out and start the clean up operation.

I'm still wondering how to convert it to DCC after all these years Trevor!

IMG_4406.jpg.5083d89060083bdc35255f5b54ff42fc.jpg

Booked early to avoid disappointment with this vintage haircut #CoronaCutBeforeLockDown!

• Like 3
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Splendid summing up Andy and thank you for the contribution made by yourself and Phil to what will go down as a classic event. 

Bloody good show!!

I couldn't put it better myself. Thanks to Andy, Phil and everyone else who have organised this super event, at times during the day, as I contemplated the vast pile of food in front of me, I could actually believe that there was a real, live event taking place at Staplegrove.

This was to have been the first public outing for 'Bethesda Sidings'. I do look forward to that day when I really can load it into the car early one morning, stop round at Re6/6's to pick him up and then head off to the First Breakfast stop at Cullompton Services, prior to arriving at the venue and the start of a fun and very sociable day, wherever that may be.

What this event has spurred me to do, is to film the layout, which is something that I've not bothered with before, so there are very few videos out there of 'Engine Wood' and 'Bleakhouse Road'.

Here's to next year's Taunton event. I suspect that I'll still have some of the pastys left in the freezer by then, so I'll bring 'em along, if you like.

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

And Abbotswood is all safely packed up and (not) home again.

Has been a great session - thoroughly enjoyed it - when can we (not) do it again please?

A huge thanks to @Andy Y, @Phil Parker @Stubby47 @Captain Kernow and anyone and everyone else involved in (not) organising - and also to all those who dropped in

Cheers

Phil

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Brinkly said:

As we need to be out by five, I thought I'd get the hoover out and start the clean up operation.

Booked early to avoid disappointment with this vintage haircut #CoronaCutBeforeLockDown!

Dyson with death again?

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 11

35 minutes ago, Brinkly said:

Could have been much worse, just imagine if you'd have been using a Henry, the image of him smiling at you can be rather off putting !

• Agree 3
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, Brinkly said:

Good job it’s a rear view as you don’t want to see what the power cord is hooked over... 

• Agree 2
  • Funny 9

Amazing day and great fun. It took us the same record breaking amount of time to dismantle the layout as it did to put up. Please see instructions below clip!

Important Instructions - please fast forward to the end then watch backwards to see how the layout came down!

• Like 3
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

Just to add my thanks to everyone  involved. It's all been said eloquently already but I really have enjoyed not coming to Taunton and not seeing  these great layouts and demos. I'm  glad that the owners of the  stay at home layouts  were willing to demolish garages and enlarge doorways to get them to the show. I also discovered  this rather nice garden behind  the hall. Completely  missed  it last time.

1587917660206901935035.jpg

Edited by colin penfold
Removal of random word inserted in error
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 2ManySpams said:

Treneglos Photos Part 3

All taken by Andy York

Treneglos_Feature_24_smoke.jpg.859018094386774cc5771317b163923f.jpg

Sometime after 4pm Bulleid Light Pacific 34066 ‘Spitfire’ with carriages from the Atlantic Coast Express (ACE) approaches Treneglos. Another 50 minutes or so will see it arrive in Padstow. 

Treneglos_Feature_25_smoke.jpg.1aab26a6a888e23be985ccc80959baa9.jpg

See @gwrrob...

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Mr.S.corn78 said:

Hi all,

Now that bloke wanting photos has gone and the stock is on I would like to introduce you all to...........

Charwelton into the 80's

The layout as we run it is a what if scenario if the Great Central Railway had stayed open instead of closing.

The layout was original built by the Wolverhampton Model Railway Club and was run by them as 1950/1960s steam. the layout spent several years on the exhibition circuet before being sold on. After a chance checking of ebay one morning by one of the CBMDG group and a text message being sent round telling us what they had found and should we buy it, resulted in a van heading north to the end of the earth (past Newcastle) to collect the layout.

Now as BR blue modellers (with one also modelling L&YR 1920s) we couldn’t keep the layout as 50s/60s so it was out with a master plan to convert the layout to DCC, run BR Blue locos and stock and refurb the scenery to bring it in to the 80s.

Here is a taste of what it is like when we are exhibiting at a show, being 36 ish foot long it may have fitted in the hall at Staplegrove but nothing much else would.

The layout has a presence on rmweb

We also have the following social media presence

Facebook

instagram

Twitter

www.cbmdg.co.uk - still under construction

Feature_1.jpg.fb4cbea791e57bdc460e4b92bce1f441.jpgFeature_2.jpg.32a79bb23f40cb0c6ce40309759bd381.jpgFeature_3.jpg.be6088b88859d550927b0738b76cd57f.jpgFeature_4.jpg.f9da411cf493c3d86f0054b186883bdf.jpgFeature_5.jpg.4f59da7face95432b2a271bc5bded5c5.jpgFeature_6.jpg.02bf531dc9e047c09961bad017967366.jpgFeature_7.jpg.151cfda82c4023ae9a66c64177accaa4.jpgFeature_8.jpg.0172153665093bb65489570046280363.jpgFeature_9.jpg.198d9a930bb998b551530c4e84b06500.jpgFeature_10.jpg.8abecd810b96b5abeb414c6c3037fcc4.jpgFeature_11.jpg.cd87db0cf8c3f3393aca3344535e0745.jpgFeature_12.jpg.e58a92b1928fd657ec444bc2d1ec4007.jpgFeature_13.jpg.918a37c69aede9d5d88303de4eb0e2f0.jpgFeature_14.jpg.15c1727ff5889a690e4f62c6d7c0cf3a.jpg

Photos are used with kind permission of A York/BRM

I'm dyed in the wool Western, but that looks wonderful. I always feel sorrowful going up the M1, past Lutterworth. What a waste.... 

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

Sorry we are very late but the drive not from Leeds was horrific..Traffic jams everywhere!

but a bloke across the road didn't let us set Chapel up as he found we ahd a Fell.. he thought we said something else..but never mind

time to not take the layout down and not dice with the M5/M62,,,

Baz

• Like 18