Virtual Members' Day Exhibition - the layouts

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Colin_McLeod said:

A great day. I have no layout to not show so here is a picture of my shed which is not finished. ;)

20200413_214519.jpg.7a660167721a71e7f6e3575eadebac5a.jpg

Is that what happened when the pasties didn't show up?

Hang on Colin, I thought you'd finished it!

Edited by tomparryharry
Forgetfulness
  • Like 1

Well done Andy and all the Team, and Exhibitors, quite a few Layouts I've not seen before, and a decent amount of cash raised for a worthwhile cause.

I thank you all.

Stay safe Guys and Gals.:good:

• Like 8
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

Sorry, had to return as I forgot to not pick up the extension lead I had lent an exhibitor. All safe and sound and back on my way again! Many thanks for the cuppa and pasty, where had you been hiding that!

Cheers Ian

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

What a great day! Many thanks to all the contributors and organisers. There aren't half some talented people about! Absolutely superb modelling on all fronts. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

Well that was an excellent show, nice to see familiar faces and some new ones, and I enjoyed the banter.

It was great to see some of my favourite layouts, and some I'd  not seen before.

Thanks everyone for the photos, I forgot to take my camera.

For some reason they would not let me into the Plough Inn, so I have created my own beer garden, with some West Country alcoholic beverage, and railway reading.

IMG_8315.JPG.944cfc2f93659a92e1b1e996fdd9eadf.JPG

cheers

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Sadly I might not be able to get to the show, will someone take some pics for me :mosking:

Seriously though, will this thread be available for a while as I know I won't be able to have a good look until much later, maybe even not until tomorrow.

I hope so as I will not have enough time to watch right through all the videos today

Don

• Agree 3

Remarkably fast journey home ;) and what a show! Fantastic idea, and very well supported, it has kept me entertained throughout the day. All high quality cracking layouts, good to see some videos of them as well. Massive thank you to the organisers and everyone who contributed. I wonder if it could be the subject of the next BRM bookazine, it would be good to see the layouts and descriptions in print. Just a thought ;)

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to everyone for a great experience today, I've seen a lot of very good layouts, certainly the best in any exhibition I've not actually been to see in person.  

Perhaps one day I'll see some of the layouts in the flesh.

David

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold

I’ve just been out to unload the car only to find it was already empty and the fuel gauge hasn’t moved...

Thanks to all whom: organised @AY Mod @Stubby47 @Phil Parker, posted content, viewed, reacted, laughed, questioned, offered prizes and most importantly donated, it’s been a fun time considering the circumstances. 

Well done all, relax and stay safe! 

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 12
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Well I have to say this has been the most enjoyable exhibition I have not been to.

I did not have to get up at silly o'clock, to not get a train to Taunton to not walk to the exhibition hall.

I was able to see all the layouts without other people getting in the way.

The operators all had time to share about their layouts and what was going on, and I didn't get tired walking around.

There was even been a bit of banter to enjoy and all from the comfort of my armchair.

The only downer; no pasty or cake :(

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the day in any way.

I suspect for some it involved as much if not more effort, albeit of a different sort.

Edited by rab
  • Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 4

I've really enjoyed the exhibition today, it must be the best one I've never attended!  Excellent layouts on display, interesting demonstrations and unbelievable catering!  The visitors were a surprising ...  ummm ... surprise too, all delightful witty characters, no hairy oiks with bad breath and carefully cultivated body odour pushing to the front at the trade stands, not dumping their carrier bags in inconvenient places, or sweeping you off your feet with their 80L rucksacks!

You've all done very well!!!   :crazy:

I must also say that this is the first public event I've ever attended clad only in pyjamas....

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 4
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, rab said:

Well I have to say this has been the most

enjoyable exhibition I have not been to.

I did not have to get up at silly o'clock,

to not get a train to Taunton

to not walk to the exhibition hall.

I was able to see all the layouts without

other people getting in the way.

The operators all had time to share about

their layouts and what was going on,

and I didn't get tired walking around.

There was even been a bit of banter to enjoy

and all from the comfort of my armchair.

The only downer; no pasty or cake :(

Thank you to everyone who contributed

to the day in any way.  I suspect for some

it involved as much of not more effort,

albeit of a different sort.

you missed the best bit -   no stinky punters 

Nick B

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Sadly I've been rather busy today, rubbing down and painting the front door so I have only dipped into this so-called virtual exhibition.

I began to get suspicious that I was missing out so, this evening, I have made the essential journey across the Blackdown Hills to check if it really was virtual and now that I am here I can see that Andy York (and some others) have been telling pastie pies - it really have been going on after all! The Staplegrove Hall is full of wonderful layouts and will stay open until further notice.

I think I paid my first visit in 2012 or 2013 and it was the wonderful modular group who inspired me to have a go and produce one myself. My first attempt was somewhat ambitious and based on the Southampton Freightliner site, my second was smaller but no less fun to do - a model which allowed me to build a model of Chard Central. As everyone here has said, it really is a unique event and I am grateful to all of you who have over the years made this event such a wonderful experience and to Andy and co who have delivered this fantastic virtual event today and indeed raised all that dosh for such a very good cause. Stay safe and keep on moduling!

All the very best

Godfrey

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2248.jpg

_MG_8363.JPG

_MG_8367.JPG

IMG_1415.JPG

IMG_4900.jpg

IMG_4906.jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Well done everyone - it’s been a very enjoyable weekend, lots to see and learn (I’ve spent more time at the demo stands than I’d expected - really well presented: do check them out).  Every layout has been worth spending time at too, and it’s been interesting seeing more of the set up routines than we usually do.  All in a good cause too, so a particular well done to the organisers, who’ve put together something special for all the right reasons.  Thank you.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Well, what a day. Passing the frontier into 'The West' I was not invited to pull over for an inspection by the local constabulary. Forgetting that i'd left a certain large Apple Green locomotive in the stock box I hadn't packed, most of the day has been spent trying to explain why I was trying to smuggle such an item over the border. 

Anyway, I don't want to go into the details and I'm not here now and not setting up. 

Wait....where is everyone. 

Ahh shi......

Thank you everyone for the fantastic posts through the day. Some outstanding work, and nice to see a few layouts crop up again that I haven't seen for a while. 

Cheers, 

Tom 

Edited by TomE
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, TomE said:

Well, what a day. Passing the frontier into 'The West' I was not invited to pull over for an inspection by the local constabulary. Forgetting that i'd left a certain large Apple Green locomotive in the stock box I hadn't packed, most of the day has been spent trying to explain why I was trying to smuggle such an item over the border. 

Anyway, I don't want to go into the details and I'm not here now and not setting up. 

Wait....where is everyone. 

Ahh shi......

Thank you everyone for the fantastic posts through the day. Some outstanding work, and nice to see a few layouts crop up again that I haven't seen for a while. 

Cheers, 

Tom 

Great video of a great layout and attention to detail Tom. 

Hopefully we shall see a Merchant Navy run again in original condition https://www.35011gsn.co.uk 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a superb 'virtual event' everybody involved has put on for all RMweb members over the weekend.  Thanks Andy, Phil, Stu and all the other contributors, for a really enjoyable time and helping to raise a substantial amount for such a good cause. 

After the introductory topics and then the quiz last night, I've spent 'virtually' all Sunday following the layouts and demonstrations and even enjoyed a celebratory pasty at lunchtime too!  Thanks also to Chris and Damian for adding Andy's superb pictures and commentaries of activities that I've helped with and to Mark for showing the progress on his latest venture 'Manifold Valley Minerals'.

Fantastic entertainment, thanks once again.

Keep safe and healthy in these trying times and look out for each other.

All the very best, John.

• Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2