Virtual Members' Day Exhibition - the layouts

• 2 months later...
Guest Jack Benson

Sorry, 

If this has been raised but ever the pessimist, is there any contingency to repeat the virtual member’s day in the future?

Stay Safe and best wishes

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 18/08/2020 at 17:02, AY Mod said:

There is a plan for another Virtual Show like the one we created in July. We should be able to advise of the date in the not too distant. Some interesting things are already lined up.

Just seen the email sent out for this in November - Looking forward to it, the last one was great. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Just saw that another is planned for November on Twitter.

great going,
i know it must be a lot of effort to do, but the results are appreciated.

Not sure if you need volunteers, but i’m willing to help if theres anything I can do...

At a minimum I could make a virtual cuppa.. VTea anyone?

:drink_mini:

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Not sure if you need volunteers, but i’m willing to help if theres anything I can do

I've pulled together another selection of layouts for full features but it may be nice to include some readers' wives layouts submissions in video form we could feature through the weekend if you fancy it?

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I've pulled together another selection of layouts for full features but it may be nice to include some readers' wives layouts submissions in video form we could feature through the weekend if you fancy it?

Oh I could though caution...

my layout isn't conventional... its a real trainset...  3 levels of badly laid track in several circles, mad gradients, a triangle, 8 shape and line where things go, never seem to come back.

lots of track, trains to a timetable not so much scenery and 200% more rolling stock than necessary.

its not hugely photogenic, many laughable qualities but i’m game to have fun.

consider it more from the John Sargent school of Strictly Come dancing..

My rolling stock collection though makes up for it, Ive several prized pieces.

if I've not oversold it, I don't mind giving it ago...

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Freudian slip?:jester:

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Oh I could though caution...

my layout isn't conventional... its a real trainset...  3 levels of badly laid track in several circles, mad gradients, a triangle, 8 shape and line where things go, never seem to come back.

lots of track, trains to a timetable not so much scenery and 200% more rolling stock than necessary.

its not hugely photogenic, many laughable qualities but i’m game to have fun.

consider it more from the John Sargent school of Strictly Come dancing..

My rolling stock collection though makes up for it, Ive several prized pieces.

if I've not oversold it, I don't mind giving it ago...

Ooh yes please!

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

I've pulled together another selection of layouts for full features but it may be nice to include some readers' wives layouts submissions ...

1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

Probably best if I don't try to hazard a guess on that one.

All I know is that I could imagine some members taking issue with a certain "alternative" suggestion.

And on that bombshell ...

• Funny 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Huw Griffiths said:

I could imagine some members taking issue with a certain "alternative" suggestion.

It was a quip. I have no desire to see any members' other halves in their frillies but some of their layouts may be attractive. I suppose I'd better go and change the title of the 'Show us yours" topic.

• Funny 17

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

Don't worry - I saw the comment for what it was - I also knew exactly where you were coming from.

I could add that, over the years, I've had a lot of grief from some people about my sense of humour (it's dryer than my taste in lager - and often darker than Guinness).

Anyway, I'd better get back to some stuff I need to sort out at home.

Come to think of it, one of these days, I wouldn't mind getting round to building that long-planned layout. What was I thinking of calling it? That's right ... "Missen Summit".

Regards,

Huw.

Edited by Huw Griffiths
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3

37 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It was a quip. I have no desire to see any members' other halves in their frillies but some of their layouts may be attractive. I suppose I'd better go and change the title of the 'Show us yours" topic.

Can someone please confirm to me that we are actually in 2020?  Or has the forum time travelled back to 1970?

M.

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, -missy- said:

Can someone please confirm to me that we are actually in 2020?  Or has the forum time travelled back to 1970?

M.

Does anyone remember the TV series 'Life on Mars' ?  I agree that there are similarities, although I think it was actually 1973 in that series.

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

My wife doesn’t wear Freudian slips :jester:

1 hour ago, chris p bacon said:

1972 here we come......:D

Based on the summer many of us have just enjoyed endured I would say 1976 ;) 

Looking forward to what ever is arranged. Virtual is far better than nothing at all. I might even manage a clip of the work-in-progress Waddlemarsh layout which only one person beyond the home “bubble” has yet seen in the flesh. 

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, -missy- said:

3 minutes ago, TEAMYAKIMA said:

Does anyone remember the TV series 'Life on Mars' ?  I agree that there are similarities, although it was actually 1973 in that series.

I was also thinking along similar lines - however, I could never imagine Andy as a "Gene Hunt" style dinosaur.

On a different note, I can only hope nobody says anything about any mention of "submissions".

(Note to Mods / Admins: Definitely no offence intended with this post - if there's any danger of anyone taking issue, please feel free to delete.)

Huw.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

My wife doesn’t wear Freudian slips :jester:

Based on the summer many of us have just enjoyed endured I would say 1976 ;) 

Looking forward to what ever is arranged. Virtual is far better than nothing at all. I might even manage a clip of the work-in-progress Waddlemarsh layout which only one person beyond the home “bubble” has yet seen in the flesh. 

I can remember 1976.  Went to Guernsey on 'holiday' and didn't get the convertible sports car I'd booked for several days - had a tin can instead - then got the sports car and it absolutely tipped down with rain.  Hada long drive round the island in pouring rain with the hood down - it was cool for the first time in weeks.  Oh sorry this is about the next virtual exhibition - yes please, great stuff.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1