Virtual Members' day - Charity auction for money can't buy stuff!

• Moderators

As an extra to the BIG prize draw fundraiser there are some additional items which we can now reveal. This will take the form of a sealed bid auction which will close at 15.00 on Sunday 26 April as our Virtual Members' day draw to a close.

If you wish to bid on an item please email me at info@rmweb.co.uk with your bid. Please note there is a minimum bid quoted at the end of each item to reduce time spent on anyone who's chancing their arm. Please quote "Charity Auction for (name of item)" in the subject line of the email so we know what you are bidding for.

The list of winners and the amount raised will be published shortly after the end of the process. The winner of each item will be contacted by email. If the item(s) fail to reach the minimum bid value they may be withdrawn from the result.

It should be noted that although payment for any successful bid will be asked for at the end of the auction it will be necessary to postpone the arrangement of the specific dates of 'delivery' of the loco experience and photography tuition due to current restrictions.

Good luck!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Charity Auction - Your chance to prepare and drive a 7.25 inch gauge live steam Bagnall locomotive. 

20200223_130914.jpg

Thank you to Steve Purves of the 'There and Back Light Railway' for this marvellous experience.

TBLR Sign.jpg

The winner will have a minimum of 30 minutes tuition/instruction on our 7.25 inch gauge live steam Bagnall locomotive. 

The winner will have the opportunity to join us at one of a variety of events before the show opens to the public and receive 'expert' tuition on how the loco works and how to drive it. We will guarantee a minimum of 30 minutes 'at the regulator', if they want extra (help tracklaying, raising steam etc) then that will also be available to them but they will have to arrive even earlier! It will be a fun experience!

The railway is currently 200 foot long but will possibly be up to 300 foot for some events by the time we re-open. We cover events all over the country within reason and it will be up to the winner/bidder to find the event most suitable for them. The list of events and locations will be available once the current crisis improves.

Minimum bid £50

31.jpg

87330164_129344611761052_4489851741998678016_n (1).jpg

IMG_7739.JPG

• Like 4

• Moderators

Charity Auction - Bachmann Class 121 Single-Car DMU BR Network SouthEast (Revised)

This is a chance to take ownership of a model not yet available for retail sale as the stock is still on its way from China. We reviewed this model for BRM and it's certainly my favourite DMU item in OO released to date; wonderful underframe detail!

1.jpg

Composite.jpg

The model is here and available for immediate despatch, a chance to own one before anyone else.

Minimum bid £100

• Like 5

• Moderators

Charity Auction - Model photography tuition

AY_Photo.jpg

Have you ever wanted to get more from your model photography? Maybe I can help a little?

I can come to you (within the area shown on the map below) and provide a one-to-one session to help you get the best from your camera and your models or layouts photographically or as a visit to your club to assist you and any interested members in photographic your modelling.

I would anticipate the session would be a half-day covering basic theory, camera control and practical experience on the layout but I am happy to discuss and tailor the contents to your needs and skill levels.

Date and location to be arranged by mutual agreement once the current position eases.

Minimum bid £100

Coverage:

AY_map.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Charity Auction - Model photography tuition

AY_Photo.jpg

Have you ever wanted to get more from your model photography? Maybe I can help a little?

I can come to you (within the area shown on the map below) and provide a one-to-one session to help you get the best from your camera and your models or layouts photographically or as a visit to your club to assist you and any interested members in photographic your modelling.

I would anticipate the session would be a half-day covering basic theory, camera control and practical experience on the layout but I am happy to discuss and tailor the contents to your needs and skill levels.

Date and location to be arranged by mutual agreement once the current position eases.

Minimum bid £100

Coverage:

AY_map.jpg

I see Birmingham airport is within your area, hmmmm, might be worth a punt!

Mike.

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Mike.

The SE cut-off is the M25.  I'm just inside that and out of area by enough to show.  :(   No matter.  The same value will be offered elsewhere.  

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I believe the arrivals lounge is a bit quiet at the mo. 

Could always do it here at some point when you're in and out of the country at some point.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Come on everyone! Get your bids in... 

So whilst everyone is inside setting up we were out in the car park laying track. Welcome to the There and Back Light Railway. We are w portable miniature steam railway and we would love to take your for a ride. We have up to 300 foot of track but we can only offer 200 foot for today's ride. 

A special for today... all rides are free so come on, steam's up, climb aboard.

See more on http://www.thereandbacklightrailway.co.uk or http://www.facebook.com/thereandbacklightrailway

Edited by 47845
  • Like 5