6 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

You are lucky. Our laser display board operator was supposed to specify RTR. He will now be sacked.

Surely she not he and you can't sack the lovely Samantha! 

Setting quizes is no sinecure so I appreciate the hard work you must have put into this. Very well done again. 

Edited by Pacific231G
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Round 1 , 1

Round 2,  1

Round 3,  3

Round 4,  3

Round 5,  3

Much fun. 

Rob. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, rab said:

When you say we, is that a combined score???

There was myself, kim and Jazz. Jazz snored all the way through and Kim only really joined in on the music round - she got ELO and Ozzy. 

Jerry

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

What? 18/60 here - did best on the what is it and music rounds.

As for Fighter Pilot - could be anyone hee hee. How many put Sir Keith Park? well he was sat in a Hurricane.....

I thought the curvature of the canopy made it a Spitfire not a Hurricane.....:D

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, DLT said:

I was waiting for Jethro Tull's "Locomotive Breath" in the music round,,

I was expecting Saxon's 'Princess of the Night' to pop up. 

Not to mention 'Spirit of the Radial' by Rush....:D

Rob. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, rab said:

I'm so glad we're not sat around a table comparing scores.

All I'll say is, do I have to pay the postage on the wooden spoon :(

Not sure about that, 7.

• Friendly/supportive 2

24 minutes ago, David Bigcheeseplant said:

20 points from big fact hunt!

I got Tynwald which was a bit obscure.

I also got  Tynwald amazingly, the corner of the Manx flag was the giveaway but I had to zoom in to spot it.

I've no idea how I got the Pecket but I thoughts the 1400 was a Pannier, so**ing Great Western design consistency . 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, EddieB said:

14 1/2, no external aids, plus two steward’s enquiries - Dominion of Canada, followed straight after by Cock o’ the North.

Thought I did well to get Dublin Connolly.

Yes, I got Dominion of Canada also. I call foul to the quiz master. There! I've said it!

• Like 1

Just now, AY Mod said:

I reckon any of you can have Dominion of Canada if you wish, but you have to admit a Jubilee is a better looking loco than an A4. Your call.

Dunno really , neither was designed by the master Andre Chapelon  so who cares?  (Incoming!!!) 

• Funny 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, 96701 said:

Yes, I got Dominion of Canada also. I call foul to the quiz master. There! I've said it!

I think you've had enough to drink and perhaps it's time you went home sir. We wouldn't like to burden the NHS with our discussion would we? :dirol_mini:

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Phil Parker said:

I think you've had enough to drink and perhaps it's time you went home sir. We wouldn't like to burden the NHS with our discussion would we? :dirol_mini:

Feightin' talk, eh? Well pardon me while I viciously attack your knee with my groin. You, take a swing at me mate, and I'll bleed all over you.

Second thoughts, maybe you're right. Let me find a tail, and I'll leave with a waddle.

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Pacific231G said:

I also got  Tynwald amazingly, the corner of the Manx flag was the giveaway but I had to zoom in to spot it.

I've no idea how I got the Pecket but I thoughts the 1400 was a Pannier, so**ing Great Western design consistency . 

Ah, clearly a need for further education.  It had a screw reverser which ruled out most pannier classes (as they had lever reverse) but the big give away was the top of the firebox - showing far more than most pannier classes.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Pacific231G said:

I can see that now, one leg is visible.

I said it was a Pannier too.

• Friendly/supportive 2

6 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Ah, clearly a need for further education.  It had a screw reverser which ruled out most pannier classes (as they had lever reverse) but the big give away was the top of the firebox - showing far more than most pannier classes.

Did they really. I had no idea, that's ummm fascinating. (Is there any tea  on this spaceship?)

don't worry Mike. The amount I don't know about steam locomotive classes  would require several planets' worth of storage.

Edited by Pacific231G
It wasn't funny enough
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Off to a great start with 7 in the first round then went down hill with a measly 11 in the other four although I am claiming an extra point for Dominion of Canada in that.

I also want a bonus point in Round 1 for spotting that there are two stations in Picture No.2 (three if you count the embyonic HS2 site).

Edited by TheSignalEngineer
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Just coz you won.....