• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gordon s said:

I thought the curvature of the canopy made it a Spitfire not a Hurricane.....:D

Looking again agreed Gordon - aircraft ID fail on my part. Only goes to see that you see what you want to see .....

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Too steamy for you Andi? 

I was somewhat distracted by watching a theatre performance of a punk-rock musical being streamed on YouTube at the same time.

Andi

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I now need to stay awake till 12.06 for a virtual family drink.

78 years ago Stirling W7506 was lost on Operation Canonbury 1 over Germany resulting in the demise of my eponymous Uncle. 

Whisky nightcap I think.....

• Friendly/supportive 13

4 minutes ago, Dagworth said:

I was somewhat distracted by watching a theatre performance of a punk-rock musical being streamed on YouTube at the same time.

Andi

For me it was identifying a Russian industrial electric, a tail-less crane and nipping off to catch Star Trek Beyond on C4.

Who said blokes can’t multi-task.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Ah, clearly a need for further education.  It had a screw reverser which ruled out most pannier classes (as they had lever reverse) but the big give away was the top of the firebox - showing far more than most pannier classes.

I narrowed it down to something GWR by Dapol in 0 Gauge. 

• Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Only one person, so far, has admitted to getting less than me.

I did get the Peckett, though. :P

Oh go on then, I got 4;does that make you feel better :(

• Funny 1

Turned up over 12 hours late (as usual...), but I virtually had a go, and didn't cheat!

So, the scores on the doors are as follows:

R1 - 1*
R2 - 4
R3 - 4
R4 - 5
R5 - 3

A grand total of - drumroll - 17 :rolleyes:

It could have been worse, and a good thing that there weren't minus points for incorrect answers!  :jester:

* Aerial photos of large railway stations always confuse me, however one wasn't a real railway station any more so I had a guess and got it...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'm sorry but I gave up after round 3. Reasonably good on loco names but never having been a spotter, I don't have a clue about the numbers. So only 6/20.

Did OK on the aerial views (7/10) despite missing the easy Loughborough - what a lot of changes around the station there.

Fascinating to see a r-t-r UK loco in S.

Edit to add: Having now read other posts, seems that I was not doing so badly as I thought. 16/40. I might have got to somewhere in the low 20s although music rounds are not my forte.

Edited by Joseph_Pestell
Add

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Loughborough - what a lot of changes around the station there

I didn't get that one, not having been there for over 25 years. There's hardly anything there I recognise. What happened to the Great Central Hotel? A gallon of Bass after digging S&T trenches all day was just what the doctor ordered. Usually followed by a curry somewhere.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Sorry, this occurred after my bedtime last night.

What's the reference?

Look back through the quiz; I didn't know many answers! I was hoping you would! 

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Sorry, this occurred after my bedtime last night.

What's the reference?

13 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

Not sure about this pub. The photo on the peanut display appears to be Captain Kernow, and I'm worried if I buy a packet we'll see his pasties.

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, SouthernRegionSteam said:

Ah, screw it... y'know what, have my answers anyway; for some reason I didn't delete the evidence!

Jams quiz answers.jpg

You're not the only one who put Brighton for No.3 in the first round.  Holyhead was right teaser although fortunately I had a fair idea of the overall arrangement there having Google Street Map researched it several years back in the event of having to join a ship there (which we joined at Swansea instead for whatever reason Trinity House managed to think up - we then sailed past Holyhead, twice).

No2 in Round 2 was dead easy - if you happened to have been to a vintage train meet and looked at the Bowman collectors' stand and layout.  Most of the other weren't so easy!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Phil Parker said:

I can neither confirm nor deny that I may or may not have been inebriated by my own verbosity (I do like that, watch out for future re-use!), but those were definitely not my peanuts.

I think they were BGman's, but he went out to the gents to try his mankini on and didn't return.

• Informative/Useful 1