Tracking down Metcalfe kits?

MrTea

• RMweb Premium

Hi there, does anyone know where I might track down a Metcalfe Corner Shop kit I can mail order or buy online? (ref PO263).
https://www.metcalfemodels.com/product/po263-00-h0-corner-shop-red-brick/

My daughter (9) is really keen to build one after watching 'Back in time for the Corner Shop' on iPlayer. I've tried all the usual suspects online (Hattons, Rails, Kernow, Cheltenham Model Centre etc.) but everywhere seems to be sold out of pretty much all kits. And I know from visiting the Metcalfe site that they're closed too.

Any help much appreciated!

Edited by MrTea
Added URL

Hello Mr Tea,

It's not the same as what you are after, but I have been hanging onto the 'Village Shop & Cafe'  PO254, unopened, and I'm never going to make it.

So it's yours if you want it. Gratis!  You will have to come and collect though.  I live about half hours drive from Reading.

• RMweb Premium
On 25/04/2020 at 17:26, AyJay said:

Hello Mr Tea,

It's not the same as what you are after, but I have been hanging onto the 'Village Shop & Cafe'  PO254, unopened, and I'm never going to make it.

So it's yours if you want it. Gratis!  You will have to come and collect though.  I live about half hours drive from Reading.

Thanks so much for the offer @AyJay. We've got one now.

If the lockdown is eased up and we make a success of this one I might take you up on the Village Shop & Cafe in the future.

• RMweb Premium
On 25/04/2020 at 18:32, New Haven Neil said:

Thanks for this Neil. I did check your site and didn't see any - but I'd ordered 3 Parkside wagons from you by then! ;)

They arrived safely in Wednesday's post so I'm a happy bunny!

• 2 months later...