Maiden Road Stabiling Point

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, hoover50008 said:

I remember roof access ladders like that, banned now Health & Safety and all that!

There are a few photos from 70's / 80's with other "non H&S" approved,  like oil drums with a couple of scaffold planks on top!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I took a few photos over the weekend, having spend some time making up the electrical conduit etc along the rear wall. I've a few ideas for more details to add when I get chance.

Maiden 066.jpg

Maiden 077.jpg

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, kevblokey said:

I'm loving the gantry crane, is that a 3d print?

Thanks. 

I've designed the crane and is 3D printed in sections and assembled. I've made a few now which I've sold. I also do one in 7mm. Based upon one from Hitchin depot. 

6 hours ago, mudmagnet said:

Thanks. 

I've designed the crane and is 3D printed in sections and assembled. I've made a few now which I've sold. I also do one in 7mm. Based upon one from Hitchin depot. 

Now you come to say it, I had the one you did based on the crane at Burton WRD, but this is taller though?

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 06/05/2020 at 19:24, kevblokey said:

Now you come to say it, I had the one you did based on the crane at Burton WRD, but this is taller though?

Yes this one is a little taller. 3mm to underside of beam.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 06/05/2020 at 19:24, kevblokey said:

Yes this one is a little taller. 3mm to underside of beam.

A couple more photos.

Maiden 094.jpg

Maiden 102.jpg

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Richard,

Hope all is well with you....like the new additions, you are definitely utilising the 3D printer!

Love the blackboard - looks great.

all the best,

James

Edited by jamest
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Not a great deal of progress to report, but I have weathered one of the class 25 from Heljan, which I renumbered and fitted sound (Legoman with a pair of speakers as there is plenty of space).

Maiden 104.JPG

Maiden 105.JPG

Maiden 106.JPG

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

It has been a very long time since posting any photo updates and in reality, not much modelling has been done. However, I've been working on some new 3D printed items, such as the trolleys and access steps in the photo, which I thought I would share.

Maiden 119.jpg

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

Looking good Richard. It may well be "not much modelling" - but it's still a heck of a lot more than yours truly has done! lol.
Those trolleys and steps look really good to me. Such details are what really make a layout IMO, whether that layout is a large affair, or a small diorama. If we get chance to catch up at a show again (fingers crossed) - I'd like to buy some from you anyway, if you have any spares.
Keep up the modelling mate, and Happy New Year :) 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, marc smith said:

Looking good Richard. It may well be "not much modelling" - but it's still a heck of a lot more than yours truly has done! lol.
Those trolleys and steps look really good to me. Such details are what really make a layout IMO, whether that layout is a large affair, or a small diorama. If we get chance to catch up at a show again (fingers crossed) - I'd like to buy some from you anyway, if you have any spares.
Keep up the modelling mate, and Happy New Year :) 

Thanks Marc.