Jump to content
AY Mod

Virtual Members' Day - the evening visit to Taunton MRG to see Bath Green Park and Tamerig

Recommended Posts

After a lovely spring day not at the West Somerset Railway Spring Gala a few of us have not arrived early at Bishops Lydeard and we are now in the platform clubrooms grabbing a cup of tea before watching the last arrivals and departures of the day. Well some of us are here, at least two people were seen heading off the other way to a building that has a sign saying Quantock Brewery. I wonder who they could be?

  • Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Well some of us are here, at least two people were seen heading off the other way to a building that has a sign saying Quantock Brewery. I wonder who they could be?

@2ManySpams I thought you said he wouldn’t notice if we went for a quick pint?

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mark Forrest said:

I thought you said he wouldn’t notice if we went for a quick pint?

 

Which is why I thought I'd post some pics to show what you'd missed last year. ;)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t forget to pop out onto the platform to see the last train of the day arriving from Minehead.

1C261E2C-C3E7-484F-A259-32A3A2796E36.jpeg.a0b49183a0e138934b44d6e803d6f1d3.jpeg

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having visited Bishops Lydeard quite a bit over the years I nipped in to see Bath Green Park as often as I could during those visits. It still ranks as one of my all time favourite layouts. 

 

Even allowing for my allegiance to the dear old S&DJR {Dofts cap and utters 'God bless the S&D'} it is truly sublime. 

 

Thanks for the photos, Andy.

 

Rob. 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a bit concerned about the photos of Bath Green Park .....wots happened to Sainsburys ? It was there the other day when me and the 'orses passed by.

  • Funny 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Bath Green Park .....wots happened to Sainsburys

 

Nice farmer's market under the roof on a Saturday usually. Didn't pick up a couple of lovely lemon drizzle cakes for tomorrow on my way through today.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark Forrest said:

@2ManySpams I thought you said he wouldn’t notice if we went for a quick pint?

 

I think we got away with it again.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AY Mod said:

...before heading to the Lethbridge Arms in the village for sinner and drinks

 

Sounds like a fun evening!

  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AY Mod said:

 

Which is why I thought I'd post some pics to show what you'd missed last year. ;)

 

We woz there gov', honest.

 

IMAG7649.jpg.70dc14b13c38470d927bfbdcae57f37c.jpg

 

IMAG7654.jpg.3ec5ab1e6fb522b85e231f7bca39bc74.jpg

 

IMAG7653.jpg.f3df96956f3b26b06611546d1ec1f7e8.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mark Forrest said:

Don’t forget to pop out onto the platform to see the last train of the day arriving from Minehead.

1C261E2C-C3E7-484F-A259-32A3A2796E36.jpeg.a0b49183a0e138934b44d6e803d6f1d3.jpeg

 

 

Yes, couldn't have done that could we if we wasn't there.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

 

We woz there gov', honest.

 

IMAG7649.jpg.70dc14b13c38470d927bfbdcae57f37c.jpg

 

IMAG7654.jpg.3ec5ab1e6fb522b85e231f7bca39bc74.jpg

 

IMAG7653.jpg.f3df96956f3b26b06611546d1ec1f7e8.jpg

 

Well I was....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember seeing Tamerig in the Model Railway Constructor as a teenager c. 1980. There can't be many club layouts that have been kept going for over 40 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like this shot

 

Feature18.jpg.b64ca87ea4439a571958ea4be1bafdb6.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.