Hattons Class 66 digtal fitted

mjcbasingstoke

I have purchased the Hattons Class 66 dcc fitted loco. My question is - has anyone using a Gaugemaster  Prodigy managed to remap the functions on the decoder? According to the operating instructions all dcc fitted versions are fitted with the DCR-21 Pin Direct V2 which according to the instructions is a 6 function decoder. I have tried mapping Function 2 to Function 5 by setting CV36 to 64 (this has always worked in the past) but this seems to have no affect other than to stop F2 working. Strangely I can remap the decoder from F2 to F4.  As this is a 6 function decoder I am assuming this should work. I have contacted Hattons about this twice but had no response.

I would appreciate any suggestions while I attempt a third time to get a response from Hattons.

5 minutes ago, mjcbasingstoke said:

I have purchased the Hattons Class 66 dcc fitted loco. My question is - has anyone using a Gaugemaster  Prodigy managed to remap the functions on the decoder? According to the operating instructions all dcc fitted versions are fitted with the DCR-21 Pin Direct V2 which according to the instructions is a 6 function decoder. I have tried mapping Function 2 to Function 5 by setting CV36 to 64 (this has always worked in the past) but this seems to have no affect other than to stop F2 working. Strangely I can remap the decoder from F2 to F4.  As this is a 6 function decoder I am assuming this should work. I have contacted Hattons about this twice but had no response.

I would appreciate any suggestions while I attempt a third time to get a response from Hattons.

Hi,

What do the instructions supplied with the loco say?.

Take care.

Nick

According to the Hattons' DCC Decoder Instructions (not that provided with the loco) it says 'They can also be re-allocated to operate using different buttons if you wish. This is called function mapping'. The instructions give the values for the function keys but don't give the CV numbers associated with the keys to enable this to be done.

8 minutes ago, mjcbasingstoke said:

According to the Hattons' DCC Decoder Instructions (not that provided with the loco) it says 'They can also be re-allocated to operate using different buttons if you wish. This is called function mapping'. The instructions give the values for the function keys but don't give the CV numbers associated with the keys to enable this to be done.

Hi,

I hope I've got this right but a 6 function DCC decoder may have the following function outputs:

F0f (forward light)

F0r (reverse light)

F1

F2

F3

F4

If that is the case then mapping F2 to F5 would result in what you saw.

Take care.

Nick

I also use gaugemaster and swapped F2 to F8 for tail lights on / off and it's the same on my Class 68s, didnt think you could use the CV allocated to F5.

Also when you reset the CV for F8 remember to set the CV for F2 to zero .

I can't recall what the CVs are without looking at the document but it has worked on my 66789 which was a DCC factory fitted.

Edited by martin_l_jones

Hi Martin

I must now admit to be totally confused, I thought I under but obviously not. I would appreciate it if you could dig out the CVs you changed and the value of those CVs. I don't mind where F2 goes to in terms of function buttons as long F2 is not used for the rear lights.

Thanks for your help

I have the same issue of F2 on the Prodigy Advance.

Having had a look at the Hattons decoder manuals, I am going to have a go at function mapping tail lights to another F* key as mentioned above some. If some of these CVs work, then I shall report back here.

Thanks.

Hattons Decoder CV Values..jpg

• RMweb Premium
On 30/04/2020 at 21:13, Tedwaard said:

I have the same issue of F2 on the Prodigy Advance.

Having had a look at the Hattons decoder manuals, I am going to have a go at function mapping tail lights to another F* key as mentioned above some. If some of these CVs work, then I shall report back here.

Thanks.

I think the Hattons manual is incorrect.

The decoder uses CV37/38 to allocate green/purple outputs beyond the F4 key

You should be able to remap AUX2 from the F2 key to F5 key by setting CV36=0 and CV38=1

Edited by newbryford

13 hours ago, newbryford said:

I think the Hattons manual is incorrect.

The decoder uses CV37/38 to allocate green/purple outputs beyond the F4 key

You should be able to remap AUX2 from the F2 key to F5 key by setting CV36=0 and CV38=1

Thanks a lot for the information. I have just input those CVs, and I can confirm that the tail lights now function on the F5 key. 

The Hattons Class 66 has Legomanbiffo sound on the ESU V5 Decoder and the correct info is:

F0 Light Engine Mode (Selects Directional Lights & Loco Brake Sounds). 

Function Key Layout for ESU/LOKSOUND V5 Sound Decoders.

F0 Light Engine Mode (Selects Directional Lights & Loco Brake Sounds). 

F1 Engine On/Off.                                                                                                           CV259-128   CV419-50

F2 Playable High Horn (Original or later versions).                                                  CV435-128

F3 Playable Low Horn  (Original or later versions).                                                  CV443-128

F4 Buffer clash when moving,coupling hook when stationary (New Sounds).   CV283-128

F5 Manual brake application (when moving) / Brake dump (when stationary). CV291-80

F6 Driver's door slam (Random Slams).                                                                    CV299-128

F7 Compressor speed-up.                                                                                   

F8 DriveLock (Drive Hold).                                                                                           CV267-0

F9 Variable speed flange squeal (speed dependant).                                            CV323-128

F10 Despatch Whistle                                                                                                  CV331-128

F11 RETB Token Request & Optional reply.                                                             CV339-50

F12 Automatic cooler group fans.                                                                             CV347-128

F13 Sanders.                                                                                                                 CV355-128

F14 Radar Hiss.                                                                                                            CV363-128

F15 Spirax Valves

F16 Automatic Compressor Speed Up.

F17 Windscreen Wash/Wipe.                                                                                    CV387-128

F18 Detonators (Speed Dependant, three bang stop)                                         CV395-128

F19 Auto Fade Cab Lights.                                                                                        CV427-128

F20.Train Mode: (Disables tail lights & selects train brake sounds.

F21.Parking Mode (Lights)

F22.Night Running Road.

F27.Battery Isolator Switch close (Optional) & Cab start up.                              CV467-128

F28.Cab shut down & Battery isolator switch open (Optional)                           CV475-128

ADVANCED FEATURES:

CV155=0 Original Horns.

CV155=1 Alternative Original Horns.

CV155=2 Later Quieter Horns.

If you cannot get any sound fitted ones directly from Hattons then you can get the Decoders & Correct Rail Rumble -EM2 Speakers from DCKits-Legomanbiffo.

See:    https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=68&product_id=1639

Charlie (DCKits-Legomanbiffo)

……………………………………….

CV156=0 Original Spirax Valves.

CV156=1 Euro Style Spirax Valves.

………………………………………..

CV157=0 For loco’s with priming pumps.

CV157=1 For loco’s without priming pumps.