Virtual Members' Day - catering - another chance to boost the fundraiser

• Moderators

It wouldn't be Members' day without the pasties!

Pastie.jpg

I'm sure those potatoes had eyes in them.

Once the doors are unlocked in the morning the catering corps will wash their hands whilst singing Happy Birthday and start prepping the kitchen and, of course, careful disinfecting all surfaces, donning their nitrile gloves (I got a box of pink ones cheap) and masks to prepare for the annual 'piping the Captain onboard' ceremony with the trays of pasties and pie. I believe the pasties will not be starting their trip around sunrise along the South Devon Expressway and then the M5 from the big, big city (Execeter) up to Staplegrove; you are free, if you live near the ceremonial procession route and wish to take your daily exercise a little early you can stand on overbridges and wave at the Captain's float flotilla as he passes on his imperious way.

Swag Pasty.jpg

He has requested, as usual, a bollard. You may not realise the significance of 'the bollard' but it has performed stalwart service for over a decade solemnly guarding 'the nearest parking space' for the last part of the ceremonial journey before the hallowed ones meet their eaters.

The catering topic will open after 8.00 a.m. in the morning once the tea urn has heated up - that's always the first puzzle of the day "can anyone remember how this works?".

We will be publishing a menu (well the words pasty or pie) and a suggested donation amount to virtually buy something of extremely low calories, fat free, low in salt (and everything else) to enjoy at whatever time of day you wish. You don't have to wait for the Captain's announcement "The first pasties are ready". This is probably as well as the normally unseemly rush would not work with the concept of 2m(+stomach allowance) separation.

***The concept of donations to this part of the event may seem somewhat abstract but is intended to provide a channel for those who wish to donate but not participate in the prize draw raffle for any reason whatsoever. Even if you have done so you can still chuck a few more groats or doubloons in and wallow in the satisfaction of a hearty lunch virtually enjoyed.***

The link for that will appear at some time tomorrow morning.

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold

Please form an orderly queue at the serving hatch.

( Donate button - removed )

As Andy has said, this is the virtual food queue, where you can donate to the fund if you don't want to purchase raffle tickets.

Food you may wish to have purchased includes, but is not limited to:

cake_1.png.eb25057b6c299ae89d53fdc56498ca8c.png

cake_2.png.fa507f5002a04f221706d576e75ae5a6.png

pie_1.jpg.01cd59445f43d4895fa300766d1b464b.jpg

699089677_proper_scones.png.c86cf4414ea3b9528b36c046a5bcede2.png

But definitely not these !!

ginsters.png.0fbe4d3f04f45dfe61fc67b46286c260.png

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 6
  • Funny 13

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

It says “donate to Stubby47” 

Is that the same as “support NHS Charities Together”?

Asking for a friend :jester:

Yup, all above board, that's Stu's account. It was the same as the prize draw ones showing it going to me but the two are being kept apart to avoid complications. It worked out to be the best way of minimising fees (unless we'd have been able to set up a not for profit or charity organisation but not a chance in the timescales). Any sums raised will then be paid as lump sums into the NHS Charities Together page which is being done via Virgin Money.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Done! I have taken a slice of each...

...although I will stock pile under the layout as that Full English at the Lethbridge Arms is sitting a bit heavy at the moment :D

• Like 2

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

possible unanticipated but unspecified slight delay in the pasty and pie non-delivery. 

Bollards! 

I'll have to make do with a sausage sandwich for breakfast. 

IMG_20200426_105900.jpg

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

As promised.... cake for elevenses @Phil Parker 

and virtually enough for everyone! Chip in if you fancy a piece - and is often available at shows we are at so catch me in future for another piece.

Teri did the honours for us and has even found the appropriate dress for the cake cutting ceremony. What a star!

Cooking instructions are here

Smells wonderful! Enjoy

Phil and Teri

image2 (4).jpeg

image4 (2).jpeg

You have flour! Can't get it for love nor money in Ivybridge. I suspect coop have been buying back their stock to keep up with all the additional loaves of bread they have been selling!

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Teri hasnt baked for a bit so living on stocks .... but there were 6 bags of SR right at the back of the bottom shelf in Sainsburys Friday evening, had to go on hands and knees to retrieve 2, one for us and one for neighbours.

• Like 4