Virtual Members' Day - catering - another chance to boost the fundraiser

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Please form an orderly queue at the serving hatch.

donate_button.png.edd4bfe856c5e8962991a1a6c2c88ca7.png

As Andy has said, this is the virtual food queue, where you can donate to the fund if you don't want to purchase raffle tickets.

Stu, how are sales going?  Not too long to go now and people seem to be standing around chatting rather than buying your wares

Edited by dhjgreen

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

Where to begin? 

Leicestershire for start, that's where half of the components originate. Then there's the food* miles to take it just over the Tamar, assemble them and bring the bu33ers back again. Ever wonder what all those Samworth Brothers' lorries are on the M5? 

They're about as Cornish as a Melton Mowbray pork pie. 

* alternative words may be necessary. 

You're overlooking the fact that the Quorn in them starts its journey in Billingham.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I'm even more convinced that there should be a dribble icon!

You may change your mind now! I chose a rum ball, alledgedly made from the squashed and coloured remains of yesterday's pastry.

IMG_20200426_162924557_HDR.jpg.89985a37cb2094a6f94d2a6aaab209d5.jpg

It's sitting on a new traverser I'm building, which has a tilt feature.  That gave me an idea for a new lockdown game.

IMG_20200426_163001535_HDR-ANIMATION.gif.6f3f5926208dfa6c341b6f5b93315bd7.gif

The patent - including a half-eaten rum ball - is for sale. Just donate 50 quid to Stu's account and I'll hand over the rights.

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, dhjgreen said:

Stu, how are sales going?  Not too long to go now and people seem to be standing around chatting rather than buying your wares

At the moment, just over £450.

As the raffle is open till midnight , I'll leave the catering one open until the same time, just to make sure we get rid of all the pasties and cake.

Edited by Stubby47
Sane, same, pah!
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

To the SWAG catering committee.

This years demonstrably (arguable heroic) efforts, on the catering side of things, has left me a little disappointed to say the least.

Not only were this years portions miniscule, (to the point of being virtually none existent), they were also not very appetising or tasty.

I was, obviously, misinformed previously.

Suffice it to say that, (and for the first time ever!!!), my wife's cooking was actually better than an exhibition’s fare I had purchased!

((Sausage and Pak Choi fried rice anyone!?!))

So please please pretty please can the SWAG area meet get back to its normal (legendary?) cuisine next year?

I might just have to attend to make sure things are once again all tickety-boo.

Kev.

SHMD

(...what’s that dear? You read this!! No no no, I wasn’t referring to your excellent lunch. No, no, I don’t have any other wives… ouch, ouch, ouch……………..)

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

As the raffle is open till midnight , I'll leave the catering one open until the same time, just to make sure we get rid of all the pasties and cake.

I'm doing my best with the cake!

Swiss roll_web.jpg

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

At the moment, just over £450.

When I go to charitable events I try to go home with an empty wallet, duly emptied into the fund.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, SHMD said:

To the SWAG catering committee.

This years demonstrably (arguable heroic) efforts, on the catering side of things, has left me a little disappointed to say the least.

Not only were this years portions miniscule, (to the point of being virtually none existent), they were also not very appetising or tasty.

I was, obviously, misinformed previously.

Suffice it to say that, (and for the first time ever!!!), my wife's cooking was actually better than an exhibition’s fare I had purchased!

((Sausage and Pak Choi fried rice anyone!?!))

So please please pretty please can the SWAG area meet get back to its normal (legendary?) cuisine next year?

I might just have to attend to make sure things are once again all tickety-boo.

Kev.

SHMD

(...what’s that dear? You read this!! No no no, I wasn’t referring to your excellent lunch. No, no, I don’t have any other wives… ouch, ouch, ouch……………..)

Dear Kev,

You seem to have mistaken RMweb for TripAdvisor.

This is obviously a fake review as everyone else has enjoyed our new range of healthy eating, zero food miles products that you do not have to queue for.

;)

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 8