New cab side plates for Dapol 57xx

westerner

• RMweb Gold

When you order the plates, let NP know it's for a Dapol Pannier as the plate that is etched will come out very slightly smaller.  this is deliberate so as to fit inside the moulded lip on the Dapol Loco.

Ian, (Hal Nail) did this, I think on the 14/48/58xx Dapol thread.

Richard Webster of  Dapol kindly provided the following photo of a 14xx shell.

I believe the 57/8750 panniers are the same:

image.png.8f54305b3a7c2206ff6a4cbf706d8e13.png

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

4 hours ago, westerner said:

Does anybody know if someone makes cab side plates and smokebox numbers for a Dapol 57xx. Also how easy are they to change if some one has already done it.
thanking you in expectation.

Narrow Planet. I quoted the dimensions of the printed smokebox plate and asked them to size to that. Same with the builders plate on the splasher which they resized. The cab plates could be a fraction bigger so suggest you measure inside the moulded surround and ask them to size.

I didn't see the replies above: I thought i'd posted this somewhere but couldn't find it! The surrounds on the 14xx and 57xx look as if they are the same but i haven't got the new size plates to test yet. 

2025093147_57xx3(3).jpg.dbe10137bfd87d06895457c99ad435c9.jpg

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 26/04/2020 at 18:11, cornelius said:

We have Dapol-sized plates as a specific item now (assuming the recess on the Pannier and the 14xx are the same size, of course!).

https://shop.narrowplanet.co.uk/products/npp-431

I was just editing my post as hadn't seen all the previous replies. I think they are both the same - slightly hard to measure with plates on one and not the other but when my 14xx plates arrive i'll do a test fit on the pannier and let you know.

See below: virtually the same width but very different height.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, westerner said:

Do they fit?

In the photo 5523 is a standard size narrow planet. 5717 is a Dapol 57xx and is slightly bigger. So you can use the NPs as I've done on my loco further up but they are a bit smaller than the moulded surround and you have a little gap.

You definitely dont want the new size made for the 14xx though as they are even smaller as you can see from Dapol's 5819.

• Thanks 1