Police 37 repaint

12 hours ago, railtec-models said:

@ColinK, @NickL2008 & others: the pack for 47829 is now available. In order to hopefully cover all bases, the lining is covered in a separate pack for those who don't wish to spray it.

https://www.railtec-models.com/catalog.php?search_str=47829

What sets Railtec apart? See for yourself: https://www.railtec-models.com/railtec-benefits.php

Of course these packs:

- Are spot printed so there's no superfluous carrier film to cut around;

- Are manufactured on industrial grade technology to achieve truly outstanding crisp print with full vibrant colours;

- Have perfect print registration with no join lines in the print;

- Withstand regular handling

Specifically in the case of this loco:

- The correct unique typeface has been reproduced by tracing the original

- The detail on the correct variant of the badge is exquisitely rendered

- Includes the correct size badge and correct size Police branding

- The pack includes explosive warning labels, OHL flashes and correct data panel for 47829

- Includes a spare of everything.

spacer.png

The 37 will be hot on its heels, again taking advantage of the benefits listed above.

Looking good Steve, good to see transfers for this livery being produced! I'll add it on my "to do" list

NL

On 30/06/2020 at 15:11, Steven B said:

@railtec-models Steve, can you do the Police 37 in N gauge too?

Steven B

@Steven B is it your intent to spray the stripe or would you prefer a transfer? These are just about ready to go; all I need to do is put them on the web site. Everything correctly sized so that it looks right on the model. Naturally they're spot printed with full vibrant colours and perfect print registration, so there's no superfluous carrier film to cut around (and in fact the lining is completely filmless).

What sets Railtec apart?

https://www.railtec-models.com/railtec-benefits.php

Edited by railtec-models

• 3 weeks later...

And now for what I believe is a world first....

Just out of China, well, Derbyshire, here's a factory RTR tampo printed version almost there. (This is the loco you sent me Robert and it'll soon be ready to send back to you). Only minor thing needed is to quickly touch in the door step and voilà. Wanted to fire up the tampo machine and try this rather than a transfer, in order to get the factory crisp lines whilst still maintaining their vibrant colours and without any bleed across all the uneven detail like the grilles etc. Even the Police branding has to sit across a protrusion so the tampo method works a treat.

The photo was taken on a mobile so not the best quality and I wasn't paying attention to its depth-of-field setting, but at least the lens focus is pretty clear towards the middle of the shot.

spacer.png

Edited by railtec-models
  • Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Looks pretty good,

Can’t see that this livery could be anything other than a nightmare across the doors and grilles , whether it be a transfer or paint !

Edited by rob D2

10 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Looks pretty good,

Can’t see that this livery could be anything other than a nightmare across the doors and grilles , whether it be a transfer or paint !

It's why I hadn't released the 37 transfers (yet) at the same time as the 47, even though the 47 was more complex to get everything looking bang on, particularly all the ornate detail on the crest. I'll likely still release the spot printed transfers for the 37 for those who still want to go that route, but thought I would make sure I could get the result with the factory tampo method and offer both at the same time, though cost TBD on the latter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/07/2020 at 13:59, Robert Shrives said:

Hi Well my dreams have been answered thanks to Alan  and 7821 for support . We have ended up with police_18072020_001.jpg.34889f8ca78001dcfc49f6412eb1006d.jpgpolice_18072020_003.jpg.9ed527ffbeb5de9d07095afba8eab763.jpgJob done , young lad to get this next week off his Dad. 

Robert   

your welcome looks great if you need any other bespoke transfers just shout and ill see what i can do