Though I'm still working (from home), isolation has left me with a little more time on my hands than is normally the case.  I decided to invest a little of that time in getting back into active modelling- though I've precious little in the way of materials on hand. 

Hence, after some reflection, I set to with my computer and drawing software to try and develop the artwork for a simple card kit. I've taken a somewhat traditional approach, inspired by the card kits of my early modelling days:- Bilteezi, Superquick, Builder Plus and Prototype. Thus, you'll find brick textures that resemble those from Builder Plus, roll up chimney pots like Superquick, and drawn (not cutout) windows like Bilteezi.

I'm quite pleased with the look of the result. However, I've neither card nor access for a colour printer for the moment to test it out. Thus, I'm sharing the result on here with an invitation for anyone interested to download a copy (I suggest downloading the pdf or jpg as preferred), print it and assemble it. Would love to receive any feedback and perhaps the odd photo of any results.

All the best,

Paul.

Goods Office no background.jpg

Goods Office no background.pdf

Edited by Rasendyll
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Rasendyll said:

Though I'm still working (from home), isolation has left me with a little more time on my hands than is normally the case.  I decided to invest a little of that time in getting back into active modelling- though I've precious little in the way of materials on hand. 

Hence, after some reflection, I set to with my computer and drawing software to try and develop the artwork for a simple card kit. I've taken a somewhat traditional approach, inspired by the card kits of my early modelling days:- Bilteezi, Superquick, Builder Plus and Prototype. Thus, you'll find brick textures that resemble those from Builder Plus, roll up chimney pots like Superquick, and drawn (not cutout) windows like Bilteezi.

I'm quite pleased with the look of the result. However, I've neither card nor access for a colour printer for the moment to test it out. Thus, I'm sharing the result on here with an invitation for anyone interested to download a copy (I suggest downloading the pdf or jpg as preferred), print it and assemble it. Would love to receive any feedback and perhaps the odd photo of any

results.

All the best,

Paul.

Paul,

If you PM me your address, I'd be happy to print a couple out & post them to you, free of charge :)

Jonathan

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, jrb said:

Paul,

If you PM me your address, I'd be happy to print a couple out & post them to you, free of charge :)

Jonathan

Jonathan,

That would be lovely of you, but I should let you know that I'm currently in Perth, Western Australia...

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Rasendyll said:

Jonathan,

That would be lovely of you, but I should let you know that I'm currently in Perth, Western Australia...

Ahh, OK  :lol: never mind - I'm sure you'd be out of lockdown & able to get to a printer long before they'd arrive, then!!!

Jonathan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rasendyll

I printed your kit off and will make it up and photograph it here in the next day or so.  One question - what scale is it?  It looks more like 7mm scale than 4mm scale on my printout, but as it was an "air print" direct off my iPad I had no control over the size settings, so if originally drawn on a page less than A4 in size there is a possibility that the printer has automatically "stretched to fit"!

I have got a 7mm scale hut made by my father, so if I photo the finished building against that you will get an idea what I mean.

Initial reaction is that it looks good on the printout.

Steve S

Edited by SteveyDee68
Typo & bl@@dy autocorrect!