Advice with new class 31 loksound v4

farren

• RMweb Gold

oh ok well just looked on my work bench and its not in the bin after all but was heading that way. there's not much room in the 31 to add a second speaker and be near a opening to be worth the trouble. however the class26 with the the Zimo LS18x13x13 didn't fit in the fuel tank but with some black tack will attach to the cab bulkhead right under the fan grill. which leaves the fuel tank able to hold the sugar cube that came with the class 26 esu decoder. I take it you can just solder two speaker to the same chip with no extra wiring.  as for the cube is plastic weld ok to use to make it sound prof

I was fitting lights to one of my class 20's and found one of those chip Ebay chips which wouldn't run the new lights and may have inadvertently brought a Biffo ESU V5 chip and Zimo speaker for it    

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

I was going to tab both sets of speaker wires to the chip wires which I guess is parallel. Which seemed to make sense to me anyway. Or is this wrong

• RMweb Gold

Is there a resit CV ? I bought a new class sound chip fired it sounded great but the loco ran very rough. So oiled it gave it a run in. Not much better. The chip sound was still working. I then found the chip had been rubbing on the flywheel! I took the chip and holder of and added two prices of plasticard under the plug. Screwed the plug back in place added the chip now there’s nothing. No sound or movement. Though the chip it not totally dead as it gets hot. 

it’s a 21 pin chip and the damage is to the gold block on the underside ie it’s rubbed some of the gold of. 

or is the brand new chip now dead? 

EBC44F9C-B099-43D9-AE5C-88CDC064FAAF.jpeg

Edited by farren

I would say that is dead.

Where did you get it from as the Loksound 5's have not been out long so it should still be in warranty.

Return it and see what happens you've nothing to lose.

Wiggy.

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, farren said:

I did try it in a second loco but still wouldn’t respond so I have a sinking feeling that it might be no good 

Unfortunately I suspect you are right. You are not the first to have this happen believe me!

By all means try your supplier but if that fails go to ESU directly. Have done this a couple of times, they have always offered a replacement, cost about £30 last time I had to do it.

Frustrating I know.... 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, wiggy1 said:

I would say that is dead.

Where did you get it from as the Loksound 5's have not been out long so it should still be in warranty.

Return it and see what happens you've nothing to lose.

Wiggy.

Where did you purchase it from ?

As you can return it to us for a full test and check.

PM me on charlie@dckits.co.uk.

Charlie DCKits-Legomanbiffo

• Friendly/supportive 1