Saving images in Templot -what am I doing wrong?

Clearwater

Hi

A Templot question.  I've managed to import a map image to scale.  I've started to be able to draw the tracks on it.  I've saved the file.  However, when I've reopened the file, the background image has gone!  What have I done wrong?  I've tried searching and am stumped.  

On a separate, but slightly related point, how do I crop the images?  The button under the shapes menu seems to be inactive.

Many thanks

David

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Clearwater said:

A Templot question.  I've managed to import a map image to scale.  I've started to be able to draw the tracks on it.  I've saved the file.  However, when I've reopened the file, the background image has gone!  What have I done wrong?  I've tried searching and am stumped.  

On a separate, but slightly related point, how do I crop the images?  The button under the shapes menu seems to be inactive.

Hi David,

As ikcdab said, you need to reload... the BGS3 file containing your background shapes:

load_shapes.png.31661e447bde2d5dda22e851ff3560ee.png

This assumes of course that you saved it when you quit the previous session. You should have been prompted to do that.

Background shapes are saved in a separate file from your track templates BOX file. This makes it easy to create several track plans on the same baseboards / railway room / garden / old map.

To crop images you must first create a rectangle shape, adjusted to the size you want, and make sure it is selected in the list.

Then use the crop/combine function to copy any images under it into a new picture shape. Full details here:

http://templot.com/companion/crop_combine.php

cheers,

Martin.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the help.  With the link to the crop video, I think I've managed an initial stab at getting both a decent resolution and stitching together different inserted maps to get the full spread of what I'm interested in.  Probably not the prettiest, but I'm quite pleased with how far I've progressed in a couple of hours! 

David

combi_2336.png

• Like 1