7mm scale pigeons?

I have almost finished my grain store building, and where there are broken and missing planks which form the skin of the building, pigeons are always sitting and digesting the grains of wheat, etc lying about inside the building.

I would like to have a couple of pigeons, too, but cannot find a company which produces convincing models of pigeons!

I did consider using whitemetal seagulls and repainting them into pigeons, but I am not sure they would look right.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to buy a couple?

Thank you,

Bill

I'll have some too please. We searched high and low for some when I built Houghton Street. In the end I had to settle for a grumpy looking fancier sat on the step, holding his clock box and muttering something about "worst bxxxxy pigeons I've ever had...."

Are these any use?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20x-Pigeon-Model-Crafts-Ornaments-Sand-Table-Model-Material-DIY-Animal-Ornaments-/264529539410

Seagulls are rather beefier birds than pigeons, but possibly it wouldn't show in 7mm scale.

Edited by Il Grifone
hitting the shift key by accident

That looks like a good find.  Have ordered some (small) anyway- may take a while of course (estimated delivery- 22/5 to 29/6!!) but I'll try to remember to report back when they arrive!

Edited by Sotto
spelling

I would buy two or three birds!

The birds look very convincing, though painting them may be a challenge!

They look superb!

All the best,

Bill

Edited by billtee
I had made an error

Err, that’s 2 or 3 BIRDS, not kits! I reckon each bird would be about 6mm long, but I am NOT a pigeon fancier, it’s just that our back garden is infested with them. They nest in all the trees surrounding our garden.

Bill

Doilum, email Giles Favell who makes kits of eight pigeons (£4 plus £1 p&p). His email is giles@gilesfavell.com 

He is a superb 7mm O scale modeller!

I am getting a pack (it’s in the post, Giles says!), so I will be busy soon assembling the kits, rounding off the little birds with a needle file, and then painting them. Having eight will allow me to put a few around the grain store, and others can sit on the roofs of my village, cooing all day and driving people nuts!

Bill

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 29/04/2020 at 10:02, Il Grifone said:

Are these any use?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20x-Pigeon-Model-Crafts-Ornaments-Sand-Table-Model-Material-DIY-Animal-Ornaments-/264529539410

Seagulls are rather beefier birds than pigeons, but possibly it wouldn't show in 7mm scale.

I think it’s the other way around, certainly here.....Gulls are obviously much bigger but sleek looking, the Pigeons around here a fat stubby little things.......and half the size.

21 minutes ago, billtee said:

Doilum, email Giles Favell who makes kits of eight pigeons (£4 plus £1 p&p). His email is giles@gilesfavell.com 

He is a superb 7mm O scale modeller!

I am getting a pack (it’s in the post, Giles says!), so I will be busy soon assembling the kits, rounding off the little birds with a needle file, and then painting them. Having eight will allow me to put a few around the grain store, and others can sit on the roofs of my village, cooing all day and driving people nuts!

Bill

Cheers. Will do when I finish painting rainbows

• 2 weeks later...