A question about operations at Oxenhope

jonhinds

Hello folks.

I’m currently planning a small layout based on Oxenhope in its current preserved form. With that in mind, I wonder if anyone who has experience with the station could give me an idea of its current operations?

The exhibition shed seems to be primarily for housing static exhibits and locos with expired boiler certificates, but are there more movements of rolling stock, locos etc. on special days? Additionally, does the trackside shed only restore carriages or are does it have any further uses?

The open ‘cattle’ shed for carriage storage and maintenance - is it only used at the beginning and end of each running session? I gather it’s built to accommodate fixed rakes.

Many thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Oxenhope houses the coaches in the carriage barns.  The steam loco runs light from Haworth to pick up the stock from the shed and back into the platform at the start of each diagram.  If they run a diesel loco in the second path with coaches this runs light to pick up the stock.

First few trains of the day are DMU or railbus, light from Haworth.

End of day loco shunts stock back into the barn before running light to Haworth.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...