Hornby Class 66 NHS ltd edition

Garry D100

• RMweb Gold

Oooh im so fickle, having read ADBs excellent post above I went and ordered one anyway! 

no issues ordering via the mobile and paying by PayPal, no crashing etc, maybe just the fact it’s 1am and quiet on line 

anyone who’s on TopCashback site if you visit the Hornby shop via there you get 8% cashback (£6) , new Hornby customers get 13% back (£9.75), Hornby still get the full

amount for each sale so don’t lose out! 

if you want to join TopCashback then use my referral link below to get your saving On the Hornby site

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/Big Jim

you will also get £5 when you sign up and Earn £10 cashback and I will get £20, however each referral I get from here I will give £15 of my referral bonus to Capt. Tom’s go fund me page So we get £5 each

@AY Mod If this is inappropriate then please PM me to edit

• Like 3

Managed to get 1 of these earlier but took me over 2hours at my laptop and 2 mobile phones trying to get website to work. Think the 500 sold out thats why we couldnt pay for 1. So when message said there was a problem with their website and they were working on it, I think thats when they raised it to 1000 models. People then were able to buy for a short time. Then it crashed again as I suspect they had sold out again. I have just checked Hornbys page and its saying 1500 models now. So I expect they will also sell out quick. Hornby should just keep adding another 500 each time they sell out so we can keep buying them. I put a short video up on my youtube channel trying to promote this model. I only have 26 subscribers but that 30 second video has had nearly 100 views and for me thats amazing. Hope many more people watch my video and go on to successfully order R30069 on the Hornby site.

• Agree 1

I'd started the odyssey when the email first arrived, and ran into the tarpit that is the Hornby website.  After getting as far as clicking buy on paypal and have the Hornby website fall over at the return handover several times (I have checked that none of those transactions went through!) , and run the gamut of 502/504 server errors (the website evidently waiting for something called csm.fr.en.criteo.net) I gave up at midnight.

Just woke up (4am) and switched the PC back on, went to Hornby and breezed through login and payment, R30069 was still in my basket!  So there you go. 04:11, nearly 12 hours after starting, and finally a proud pre-orderer of R30069.

Hurrah!   :danced:

Now back to bed. ZZZZZZZZzzzzzz... 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi just joined as I really wanted to comment, woke early at 5.30 as usual, straight onto Hornby and I secured two, amazing, both myself and my two boys into hobby so this way they both get one. Six layouts between us but I wanted one for just the same reason to give to NHS. I've used NHS lots over the years so it's great to put a little back and my boys get a bit of history, I'm not bothered about details. Great idea by Hornby and lovely to see profit not important!, 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Looks like they are all gone now, hoping Hornby will pop another 500-1000 on and just make it available to as many as possible.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

There is obviously going to come a time when they cannot increase the order, except at the expense of their other deliveries. All the available production slots will be gone. 

Quite sad I missed out on this.

I didn't log in to RMWeb yesterday so wasn't aware of it, that will teach me....

As others have said, I wouldn't

normally buy a Hornby class 66, but this is a great initiative by Hornby and it would have been a good way to remember Capt Tom's efforts and help NHS charities.  I wouldn't touch a resold one off eBay though......

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 7013 said:

Looks like they are all gone now, hoping Hornby will pop another 500-1000 on and just make it available to as many as possible.

I tried on and off all night but every time got a n”no longer available” so no idea what’s going on........I have now given up.

If Bachmann does jump on this at a later date (hopefully as an open edition) it really should be accompanied by an NHS donation along with a similarly affordable price. From the looks of things Hornby can’t make these fast enough.

Guest Half-full

I ordered one early doors this morning.

No need for a 66 of any flavour (doesn't sit within my modelling sphere), but doing another bit for the NHS.

Well done Hornby

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, jonhinds said:

If Bachmann does jump on this at a later date (hopefully as an open edition) it really should be accompanied by an NHS donation along with a similarly affordable price. From the looks of things Hornby can’t make these fast enough.

We may be on Covid-21 by the time Bachmann get around to producing one!

Edited by 7013
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, KDG said:

Quite sad I missed out on this.

I didn't log in to RMWeb yesterday so wasn't aware of it, that will teach me....

As others have said, I wouldn't

normally buy a Hornby class 66, but this is a great initiative by Hornby and it would have been a good way to remember Capt Tom's efforts and help NHS charities.  I wouldn't touch a resold one off eBay though......

well if Bachmann Announce they will produce one I will sell my Hornby one on for what I paid for it, watch this space!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hornby were certainly quick off the mark, considering not too long ago they were in the depths of despair with design clever etc. Nowdays they seem to be able to respond very quickly and have certainly made a few bob on this one. Given Bachmann slow lead in times I would not be expecting anything too soon. However as the model is in their present portfolio we may see one sooner rather than later.

15 minutes ago, 7013 said:

Hornby were certainly quick off the mark, considering not too long ago they were in the depths of despair with design clever etc.

Why are you so hooked onto the Design-Clever issue? I see you mentioned it in the Class 91 thread and you've brought it up again. Design-Clever was a 2012 thing...it's 2020 now! 8 years has gone and Design-Clever is a thing of the past. It's long gone.

They only brought about that ideology because we complained about prices. It existed for a year or two and vanished.

Looks like 2020 models will be produced with £80,000 being donated to the NHS.

It is so good to see this happen and that Hornby and all those on rmweb who have been so positive have really driven the NHS donation up from the original £20,000. Wherever you look individuals and businesses are are doing their utmost to lift our spirits and support all those at the forefront of trying to deal with this awful situation.

Well done Hornby. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

It is still available.

Thanks for that - it was "Out of Stock" when I looked 5 minutes ago but I checked again when I saw your post and managed to pre-order one! 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, 7013 said:

Hornby were certainly quick off the mark, considering not too long ago they were in the depths of despair with design clever etc. Nowdays they seem to be able to respond very quickly and have certainly made a few bob on this one. 

A £40 donation per £75 loco?

Just how many bobs will they be making?

• Agree 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, 30801 said:

Probably very little - which will prompt people to demand that they make all the other models for similar money and grumpy admins to stamp on them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, 30801 said:

probably not a lot but look at the publicity it’s generated for Hornby in less than 24 hours!

sales of other Hornby items off the back of it will probably give them a few ‘bobs’

• Like 1
  • Agree 2