Hornby Class 66 NHS ltd edition

Garry D100

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Phil Parker said:

Probably very little - which will prompt people to demand that they make all the other models for similar money and grumpy admins to stamp on them.

grumpy admins? Surely not! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Typically I’ve had a week of the trafford park job with 66784 and what do they do a couple of hours after I get off it, they put 66731on it!

(it’s not staying on though, it’s only doing Eastleigh to the Southampton docks and back for a TV news feature) 

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, big jim said:

probably not a lot but look at the publicity it’s generated for Hornby in less than 24 hours!

sales of other Hornby items off the back of it will probably give them a few ‘bobs’

I will admit after buying an NHS 66 without issue yesterday before it all went nuts I have just ordered some more stuff that's not an NHS 66 :)

Just Ordered mine after trying the get the web site to let me until midnight. It was still in my Basket (Out of Stock at 7:30AM) 2020 seems to be a good quantity!!!

Terry

31 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

It is still available.

No, Hornby's website says sold out.  Unless they've up the number again...

Just ordered now without a hitch. On Facebook, 20 minutes ago, Hornby just said the production run has been increased to 2020 (up from 1000 yesterday evening, itself up from 500 earlier in the yesterday - and they can increase it again if they need too, as the money is for an excellent cause). 

This is fantastic, considering £40 (over half the price) will go to the NHS. Don't normally go for things in the 21st century. But this guy and the cause is exceptional.

Well done Hornby.

Edited by JSpencer
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, 3rd Rail Exile said:

Thanks for that - it was "Out of Stock" when I looked 5 minutes ago but I checked again when I saw your post and managed to pre-order one! 

Same here.....now have one on order...

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, KDG said:

No, Hornby's website says sold out.  Unless they've up the number again...

I suggest you re-check (and make sure to "refresh/clear cache) - as of 09:54 it's available to pre-order from the Hornby website...

Number to be made is currently 2020 - "Limited Edition" or not, I hope they just keep upping this until the orders stop!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Screenshot taken after you posted... i.e still available according to the Hornby website.

bandicam 2020-05-01 13-55-13-006.jpg

Yes, I literally had just come off the website 10 minutes before I posted.....anyway, got one now :good_mini:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, 30801 said:

I will admit after buying an NHS 66 without issue yesterday before it all went nuts I have just ordered some more stuff that's not an NHS 66 :)

Blimey you must have been fast, I went on the site as soon as the email popped up (I was already going through my mail when it “pinged”).......well done.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Why are you so hooked onto the Design-Clever issue? I see you mentioned it in the Class 91 thread and you've brought it up again. Design-Clever was a 2012 thing...it's 2020 now! 8 years has gone and Design-Clever is a thing of the past. It's long gone.

They only brought about that ideology because we complained about prices. It existed for a year or two and vanished.

I am not hooked on Design Clever it is part of the Hornby story and how it has evolved since then: I do not ask or need your comments about it. It was a significant episode in the Hornby history, if you have not got anything sensible to add apart from criticise others....why bother?

Edited by 7013
slight changes
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Getting back to more interesting things....I have just been able to place an order for one. Well done Hornby for responding really well despite the huge demand......Marketing Clever?....no, I will shut up.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Blimey you must have been fast, I went on the site as soon as the email popped up (I was already going through my mail when it “pinged”).......well done.

I just saw a post on Hornby's Facebook page, thought 'Oh that looks nice I'll buy one' so I did. I even had time to reset my password so I could log in.

Now I feel like I accidentally pulled Excalibur out of the stone while no one was watching.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Had to be careful about refreshing the page and pressing pre-order, at one stage I had five on order! Thankfully just the one ordered now.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Some of the moaning on the Hornby Facebook page about expanding the limited edition is astonishing with people saying they are cancelling their order now it's more than 500.

I told SWMBO about it. I can't repeat what she said but it wasn't very lady-like.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, 30801 said:

Some of the moaning on the Hornby Facebook page about expanding the limited edition is astonishing with people saying they are cancelling their order now it's more than 500.

I told SWMBO about it. I can't repeat what she said but it wasn't very lady-like.

You are joking? What a self centred bunch of idiots.....obviously bought for investment rather than the spirit of the gesture......Hornby should make it a mainstream model now, that’ll fix the bu99ers!

• Like 3
  • Agree 3