Hornby Class 66 NHS ltd edition

Garry D100

There's a progress report on "Capt. Tom Moore" in the new "Engine Shed" blog.

Hornby have livery samples from China already and there are images of the model in the blog (photoshopped or actual I can't make out).

https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/news/the-engine-shed/dining-mk1rb-testing-advanced-passenger-train

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

There's a progress report on "Capt. Tom Moore" in the new "Engine Shed" blog.

Hornby have livery samples from China already and there are images of the model in the blog (photoshopped or actual I can't make out).

https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/news/the-engine-shed/dining-mk1rb-testing-advanced-passenger-train

I think I saw it said yesterday they are painted samples

On 04/05/2020 at 10:06, boxbrownie said:

Great, thanks for that......don’t really need them but ordered anyway.......if the Hornby results are not so good then these will be handy just in case.....well done Railtec.

On the topic of NHS, and hopefully ok with admin given the subject matter, the logos for the 47s/57s are also available in 2mm and 4mm. Afaik Railtec is the only place where all proceeds for NHS items go to the NHS.

The eagle-eyed amongst you may realise that the 66731 pack includes all the additional small detail.

https://www.railtec-models.com/catalog.php?search_str=nhs

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just got a mail from Hornby saying Tom Moore is in stock and my payment has failed.

For some reason every single pre-order I make with Hornby fails payment but I can buy in stock stuff just fine :rolleyes:

• Friendly/supportive 3

23 minutes ago, 30801 said:

Just got a mail from Hornby saying Tom Moore is in stock and my payment has failed.

For some reason every single pre-order I make with Hornby fails payment but I can buy in stock stuff just fine :rolleyes:

Hornby's infamous IT system strikes again.

This happened to me last year on the release of the BR Terrier.

My debit card and CC details were correct/current on my account.

No notification of a failed transaction was given and by the time I returned from holiday the loco was sold out.

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, Ouroborus said:

It’s started already then........:rolleyes:

• Agree 1

Just got my email saying that

... Pre-Order has now arrived at our warehouse and will shortly be prepared for dispatch.

Payment has been taken, so I expect it to turn up in the next week or so.

DoublePlusGood!

3 hours ago, Ouroborus said:

As did the ####er on facebook now asking £150 for his.

You do get some selfish idiots trying to maximise their personal gain.

Edited by Hroth
Change of epithet upon mature reflection...
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

There's two of them on eBay already and mine is still showing on my Hornby account as on pre-order and payment not yet taken.

I anticipate it will take Hornby a few days to process 3,500 orders.

Edited by cessna152towser

• RMweb Gold

My orders processing.

if only all models could be announced, ordered and delivered within 4 months.

top marks for Hornby on this, I hope a suitably publicised handover of the cheque is planned, Hornby / GBRF deserve to take some credit here.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2
  • Agree 10

• RMweb Premium

Yep, got an eamil yesterday to say the loco had arrived at their warehouse, payment has been taken this morning.

Hope the axle boxes don't fall off.....oops another thread!

Seriously though, as an ex NHS employee it is good to know that the charities will be boosted.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, adb968008 said:

if only all models could be announced, ordered and delivered within 4 months.

Not wishing to cool down the enthusiasm for Hornby’s contribution to the cause, isn’t this just a deco change of the existing Railroad model?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, boxbrownie said:

Not wishing to cool down the enthusiasm for Hornby’s contribution to the cause, isn’t this just a deco change of the existing Railroad model?

It is, and I suspect other projects or liveries had to be put back to accommodate this production run. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, JohnR said:

It is, and I suspect other projects or liveries had to be put back to accommodate this production run. 

I would have thought that also, as I said it is still much to Hornby’s credit putting the model out in such a timely fashion......and since about a week after ordering I have been waiting to apply the etched plates available from Railtec :good_mini:

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Isn't that true of many liveries and re-releases every year ?

in your same vein, all Captain Tom did was walk down his garden, how hard is that.. its the thought, impact that counts.

Thing is they did something.. and that should be applauded, regardless what you think of the company, Or the class 66, their staff are people too and as a company showed they care. They rightly deserve to see a bit of publicity and to go home to their families and say “i did this” no matter how easy it was, the impact was huge within our hobby, you couldn't do that if you were angling or playing golf*, so a little bit of praise doesnt go a miss.

https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/captain_tom

* perhaps blue NHS golfballs ? - but if they did i missed it.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, cessna152towser said:

There's two of them on eBay already

Carpet bagging, unfortunately long term I dont think this 66 will hold any great long term financial value but great personal value. Whilst celebrity today and for a great cause, it is still a railroad 66 and one produced in a large quantity, against a back drop of mass volumes of cheap railroad and second hand Bachmann 66’s swilling around ebay. It might hold a small premium later, but if it does you can bet one of the other manufacturers may step in.

The value is to those who contributed to the cause and have the memory of “now”, when the country was quite literally in fear, not those buying just another 66 off ebay without any personal connection to it. 

I know many locos I have hold greater personal value than commercial value, I think this will be one. Those who missed out, may be better to wait a few months to establish their personal connection to it, rather than competing against each other and feeding carpet baggers.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Isn't that true of many liveries and re-releases every year ?

in your same vein, all Captain Tom did was walk down his garden, how hard is that.. its the thought, impact that counts.

Not the same thing at all, and quite an insulting analogy.........

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, JohnR said:

Yes indeed.  I see that my pre-order for Hornby Railfreight 66 514 has now been put back till January 2021 but I have no problem with that.