Hornby Class 66 NHS ltd edition

Garry D100

7 minutes ago, Black 5 Bear said:

TBF, the Hornby 66 nameplates separately supplied with the model are pretty good.

Otherwise, take a look at the Railtec range of products.

Personally   - whilst I find Railtec's transfer products really good - and they are a great company to work with.  Unfortunately I've had nothing but trouble with their names.  In my experience they tend to fall off.  Luckily they do supply 3 in the pack.

Best Regards,

C.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, CathcartCircle said:

Well DPD (worst courier company in my experience) have just delivered my 66 but wait no they haven’t because by the time I got downstairs and opened my front door, the delivery guy drove off with my parcel in his van leaving me with a note saying back tomorrow. I was only upstairs not like the Eiffel Tower! Obviously being  Saturday night and the pubs are back open, he wasn’t for waiting a reasonable time!  :(

If you haven't experienced Hermes, you haven't had a bad delivery.  I dread it, if I order something and then find out they are delivering.  Everything is always bashed and torn.

Why anyone ever uses them, I will never know!  Must be down to cost, but if things get damaged its not really good value!

Regards,

C.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 07/08/2020 at 17:34, anstyman said:

I notice a couple of these have already appeared on Ebay at double their original price.

Profiteering from a charity item, shamefull !

Please don't exaggerate.  Even with multiple bids, neither loco is at double their original price.

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Please don't exaggerate.  Even with multiple bids, neither loco is at double their original price.

There's one with a BIN for £150 which the seller has generously offered me £30 off...

Screenshot_20200809-071348.png.c5e9fc4d97a8342f0300cd910519699a.png 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

12 hours ago, andyman7 said:

At 3,500 made there will be enough of these in circulation for years to come, no need for panic bidding to secure an example if you missed out in my view.....

Especially given I expect a lot of them were bought to keep in the box hoping they'll be worth more one day.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, JohnR said:

Whats the best source of a replacement name plate?

If you buy the Railtec transfers/nameplates I believe they are still donating the profit from the sale to the charity also.

Good enough reason for me.....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dogbox321 said:

Personally   - whilst I find Railtec's transfer products really good - and they are a great company to work with.  Unfortunately I've had nothing but trouble with their names.  In my experience they tend to fall off.  Luckily they do supply 3 in the pack.

Best Regards,

C.

Not sure if you've emailed in or not about this so I could advise offline, but the accompanying instruction leaflet does recommend PVA to hold them in place, which really should be in sufficient qty in proportion to the size of the plate and the extent to which the model is likely to be handled. Someone would also have to do something pretty extreme to damage them too, so even if one were to become dislodged then it should still be perfectly useable.

When I first started exploring the 3d plates a few years ago I just applied one to a test model I have here with plain tap water - and it's still on. Ok, I don't really pick it up that much but if it were being used properly and handled then I would probably use the PVA. The 3d technique has also moved on several iterations since then too. I think it's now on v6. Here's an example of one kindly demonstrated by Alex Roughsedge. (And no bias that I use this particular plate as a reference :lol:).

spacer.png

Edited by railtec-models
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Don’t want to go off topic but I lost both plates of my ‘spirits of the lakes’ despite a dab of PVA as recommended, it’s probably due to handling as they are low down on the loco right where your fingers go when putting it on the track!

37 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

If you buy the Railtec transfers/nameplates I believe they are still donating the profit from the sale to the charity also.

Good enough reason for me.....

That's part of the story: it's not just the profits that are being donated but the entire proceeds from the sale of the packs.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 2

12 hours ago, big jim said:

Don’t want to go off topic but I lost both plates of my ‘spirits of the lakes’ despite a dab of PVA as recommended, it’s probably due to handling as they are low down on the loco right where your fingers go when putting it on the track!

Typical heavy handed driver.....  LOL!

I were thinking of trying a tad of superglue, or double sided tape.

Anyway like I say - the products are superb.  It would appear a couple of us just seem to have trouble making they stay where we want.  

Best Wishes,

C.

Arrived this morning as promised, with

• Certificate of Orthenticity (17xx)
  • 10% off coupon for next purchase from Hornby website
  • Free entry ticket to Margate attraction
  • Oh, and the loco too!

Well done Hornby!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Just a quick question, I had the money extracted from my credit card Thursday last week, anyone know how long it should take to arrive?

Hornby appear to use DPD.  You should get the following sequence of emails.

1. Hornby say its being processed
  2. Hornby say its due for delivery on "X"
  3. Hornby say it will be delivered at "time"

If you haven't had these messages, it might be a good idea to get in touch with Hornby.

• Like 1

Received mine today and got to say for a basic model it is rather good. Detail isn't that bad, livery is nicely applied and she ran sweet as a nut straight out the box. Also impressed that etched nameplates, 10% discount off a sale from the Hornby website plus a free entry to the visitor centre were also included. Nicely done Hornby.

Likewise, mine arrived this morning. Even Mrs Jaymz is impressed (though does think the loco itself is ugly!)

I couldn't see anything about 10% off online purchases so maybe it's a luck of the draw thing, or maybe limited to early edition numbers, mine being number 1816.

Still, very happy it has arrived and I'm looking forward to giving it a test run before it goes into service!

Cheers

J

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, JaymzHatstand said:

Likewise, mine arrived this morning. Even Mrs Jaymz is impressed (though does think the loco itself is ugly!)

I couldn't see anything about 10% off online purchases so maybe it's a luck of the draw thing, or maybe limited to early edition numbers, mine being number 1816.

Still, very happy it has arrived and I'm looking forward to giving it a test run before it goes into service!

Cheers

J

my 10% off was in the brown box, inbetween the wrapping paper and packing note, valid until Dec31st.

The visitor centre ticket and certificate are in the loco box.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Hroth said:

Hornby appear to use DPD.  You should get the following sequence of emails.

1. Hornby say its being processed
  2. Hornby say its due for delivery on "X"
  3. Hornby say it will be delivered at "time"

If you haven't had these messages, it might be a good idea to get in touch with Hornby.

in theory yes. Received email 16:58 stating to be delivered TODAY 10th....joint DPD Hornby .However DPD “au contraire” state they haven’t got it yet and will inform me when it’s left their local depot,usually by

11:00 am.Muddledom is alive and resident somewhere in Kent .

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

my 10% off was in the brown box, inbetween the wrapping paper and packing note, valid until Dec31st.

The visitor centre ticket and certificate are in the loco box.

Thanks, just had a look before the rabbits got the brown paper to play with, but still no sign of one. Not really the end of the world, so I certainly won't be loosing any sleep over it!

Cheers

J

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CathcartCircle said:

10% discount off a sale from the Hornby website

Not that I am complaining but doesn't that just equate to what everyone else (more or less) charges for their products?

Has anybody still not had theirs dispatched yet? I know they have 3500 to go through, they haven't taken payment for mine yet (and it hasn't failed either it just says processing). I aren't in a rush I just want to be sure its not in limbo (something that happened with a rather large retailer in the past for me, where they only sent half my order and the other half was stuck in the system)