Hornby Class 66 NHS ltd edition

Garry D100

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Not that I am complaining but doesn't that just equate to what everyone else (more or less) charges for their products?

Has anybody still not had theirs dispatched yet? I know they have 3500 to go through, they haven't taken payment for mine yet (and it hasn't failed either it just says processing). I aren't in a rush I just want to be sure its not in limbo (something that happened with a rather large retailer in the past for me, where they only sent half my order and the other half was stuck in the system)

Mine was processing for 2 days at least, before shipping.

re:10% off, one thing I used to like when Hornby had the 15% discount for being a Hornby Club member, was that you were first in the queue for deliveries, I often had the models before the shop did.

So if theres a “must have” out there, the 10% could be a useful option, its only valid to end of the year though.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Not that I am complaining but doesn't that just equate to what everyone else (more or less) charges for their products?

Has anybody still not had theirs dispatched yet? I know they have 3500 to go through, they haven't taken payment for mine yet (and it hasn't failed either it just says processing). I aren't in a rush I just want to be sure its not in limbo (something that happened with a rather large retailer in the past for me, where they only sent half my order and the other half was stuck in the system)

You are not alone.   My payment has not yet been taken either.  Ever since others began to post in this thread last Wednesday that their payments had been processed I've been checking my online banking and my e-mails frequently for updates.  I just logged on to the Hornby website an hour ago and mine is still showing as "pre-order".   Perhaps Hornby have not yet taken delivery of the full 3,500.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Hornby had the 15% discount for being a Hornby Club member

I bet dealers loved that!!

I see why they don't discount as it would do a lot of damage to dealers, especially if there was a feeling of "front of the queue".

13 minutes ago, cessna152towser said:

You are not alone.   My payment has not yet been taken either. 

Ok cool, I aren't in a rush for it anyway just didn't want to miss out.

25 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

So if theres a “must have” out there, the 10% could be a useful option, its only valid to end of the year though

I couldn't see anywhere further back, is it something everyone gets or is it a raffle?

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I bet dealers loved that!!

They were usually offering 30% back in those days, and prices slowly rose as it sold out at the cheaper outlets.

I’m sure dealers are happy with current margins, but as a consumer I tend to buy less duplicates to renumber etc these days. I had no issues walking out with 2-3-4 of a loco knowing the value would at somepoint offset whatever screw up I did to it. Now i’ll buy 1 and just 1, but theres much more competition from other manufacturers to tease me into walking out with 2-3-4 locos, just different ones.

23 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I couldn't see anywhere further back, is it something everyone gets or is it a raffle?

Its loose in  the brown outer delivery box, this is what your looking for (ive removed the discount code to not spoil the surprise).

245BF767-618D-4E20-BD52-EDB7FA4DD7A1.jpeg.a37af08020021cd3815225efd749f1e4.jpeg

Edited by adb968008
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, cessna152towser said:

Perhaps Hornby have not yet taken delivery of the full 3,500.

More likely their is only a limited number they can despatch each day. Presumably these 3500 are on top of whatever other customer orders they have to despatch and it could be other orders are being dealt with first and the rest of the available time spent despatching these. No sign yet of any activity on mine which was one of the upped to 3500 so if they are doing them in ordered order it could be some time but even then could well arrive earlier than the original indication. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, Ouroborus said:

Mine arrived today.  I don't think the ltd edition no tallies with order history.  

Could be the certificate and visitor centre ticket are being put on the box as the loco is packed in China and it's pot luck whichever boxed lot of them gets opened first at Margate. If that is correct then the numbering on the certificate is more related to that particular models position in the entire production run. As I expect No 1 was dealt with specially hoping for 1000, 2000, 3000 or 3500.

Edited by Butler Henderson
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Butler Henderson said:

Could be the certificate and visitor centre ticket are being put on the box as the loco is packed in China and it's pot luck whichever boxed lot of them gets opened first at Margate. If that is correct then the numbering on the certificate is more related to that particular models position in the entire production run. As I expect No 1 was dealt with specially hoping for 1000, 2000, 3000 or 3500.

And even if they are boxed in order, then put on a pallet then first on the pallet will be getting on for last one off. And which pallet is unloaded first and so on and so on.

My NRM Evening Star is early 300s of 500 ish and they hardly had any left when I got mine.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I would imagine, that unless retained separately, finding certificates 001, 002 etc will be painful.

I helped someone do that once, on a limited edition in the 1990’s of similar size, it took them ages, but he iirc everyone he checked before he shipped, but he didn't have them to hand when he got them, just a few pallets.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Mooresby said:

Apologies if this has already been covered earlier in the thread but can anyone recommend someone to fit lights to this release please?

I contacted Expresss Models who tell me that their Lima 66 lighting unit will fit a Hornby 66, reasomnably priced as well. Have used their lighting on a Lima 66 and it is easy to fit...No connection to company other than a customer.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

20 hours ago, kernowtim said:

Payment taken 5 days ago, and email from Hornby saying the models had arrived in warehouse, nothing since.

If I could remember my log on details would check on Hornby site!

Having not been on RMWeb in a few days, I hadn't seen they were arriving. I checked my bank account and Hornby Account, it still shows as a pre-order to have payment taken on the Hornby site. I will update whenever it changes or I get something from them indicating a charge/shipment. I'm having it shipped to family in the UK as their overseas shipping was heinous, and I'll either have a bunch of things bundled with my Aunt for one parcel to Canada, or wait until my mom is able to go home again to see her mom whenever the days of Covid are over.

Stephen

• RMweb Premium

Received mine today, whilst it is never going to to be the definitive 66 version, it is probably the most important. Am happy To support the cause. Will eventually get lights and sound and be put to work alongside my Freightliner (Hattons) 66

915CE793-F2C8-4C43-8710-6E9EFF8E183E.jpeg

78F19EE9-3258-4CC4-8A16-3DC00CC0E52F.jpeg

43B41371-5791-4A15-9E51-AE0E4F897CB5.jpeg

85B840CE-C757-422D-B341-72C2C36C52E0.jpeg

• Like 1

On 08/08/2020 at 21:56, dogbox321 said:

If you haven't experienced Hermes, you haven't had a bad delivery.  I dread it, if I order something and then find out they are delivering.  Everything is always bashed and torn.

Why anyone ever uses them, I will never know!  Must be down to cost, but if things get damaged its not really good value!

Regards,

C.

Me and my big mouth......

DPD do unfortunately now employ silly people to! (More polite than my other thoughts...)

The sort that hold two boxes under their arm whilst trying to hold a tablet and write on it.  

Then drops them at the top of the drive...........

Appropriate thread - You guessed it!  One of my boys 66731 ends up on the tarmac.

You can imagine the rest.  Picks it up then realising that I have just seen it.

Then comes the walk of shame, followed by a frown and sorry.

Fortunately my two young boys weren't around to see it!  Although actually, in hindsight it may have done the delivery person some good, to see the disappointment and upset his carelessness can cause! 

So Capt at 99 could walk around is garden and raise a load of money, whilst a guy in his mid 20's cannot even walk down a path and deliver a box without dropping it! 

Only a visual check so far - loco looked okay, but box a write off so rang Hornby.  Number 10 in queue and took about 45mins to get to speak to a very nice lady who is going to arrange for a replacement box - thanks Hornby.

I went to number 9 in a few seconds, so things were looking up!  Unfortunately......it went down a bit from there.  Not complaining, but after a while getting bored so started to wonder what was going on.........The pinnacle - Callers 2 and 3 before me either had lots of bad luck, or had lots of challenges in their modelling.  Six took a while too -  they must have just been a warm up crew for Numbers 2 &3.  But, Number one - well that person was legendary.  I went from 2, to Hello, so either they gave up (thanks!), became a casualty of the wait (oooops!) or Caller 2 was still waffling on, making the queue that long someone else answered the phone (and in which case has about another 12 minutes to conclude their call - optimism)!  My turn - 2 or 3 minutes - sorted!  Take note - thats the way to do it 2, 3 and 6!   LOL!

Best Wishes,

C.

Edited by dogbox321
Word Change
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 2

21 hours ago, Ouroborus said:

Mine arrived today.  I don't think the ltd edition no tallies with order history.  All seems ok, axle boxes in place.  Like the box. TTS later

IMG_20200810_193410722_copy_1024x768.jpg

'Axle boxes in place' - COMEDY GOLD!

Thank you!!!!!

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, dogbox321 said:

One of my boys 66731 ends up on the tarmac.

Don’t worry, there's not much that can fall off it. Mine arrived today and will never see a working life - Mrs Y has pinched it for a display shelf. Bought to support the cause and to recognise Hornby doing something charitable. 

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 hours ago, CUCKOO LINE said:

2 on Hattons website guess they wont be there long 

I hope they give them a good send off.  With no "confusion and delay" caused by axleboxes, they are unlikely to get returned.

At least they have the photo from the website for posterity!

7 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Don’t worry, there's not much that can fall off it. Mine arrived today and will never see a working life - Mrs Y has pinched it for a display shelf. Bought to support the cause and to recognise Hornby doing something charitable. 

Dear Andy, you don't sound too worried or disappointed about the confiscation.

I think your APT-E would look good on the shelf with it.  Looking forward to a photo!

Regards,

C.