Hornby Class 66 NHS ltd edition

Garry D100

On 10/08/2020 at 19:53, kernowtim said:

Payment taken 5 days ago, and email from Hornby saying the models had arrived in warehouse, nothing since.

If I could remember my log on details would check on Hornby site!

Got a text message from 'Hornby' this morning stating that my DHL (Drop Hurl Lose) driver Bob will deliver my parcel this afternoon between 15:13 and 16:13, which he did, and I left it at work!

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps more instructive to look at sold listings to see what they have actually sold for. Remember, an item is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

image.png.69c6fb0f2f2f992b98c5f44eff7c45f5.png

The loco sold for £120 also donated 10% of the sale price to NHS Charities Together. 

Edited by JohnR
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived today and I have to say that I’m impressed by the livery and the overall presentation.  Mine will remain in it’s box for the foreseeable future.

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, JohnR said:

Perhaps more instructive to look at sold listings to see what they have actually sold for. Remember, an item is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

image.png.69c6fb0f2f2f992b98c5f44eff7c45f5.png

The loco sold for £120 also donated 10% of the sale price to NHS Charities Together. 

is one of those HO?

• Funny 5

Had similar problems to others with the card payment issue, though this was my fault as I pre-ordered it on a card I rarely use, so had no money in the account, cue a mad panic to move the money around and get it paid for, Especially being the deadline for the order being cancelled was midnight yesterday, rang up this morning and spoke to a very helpful lady who said I had made it in by about 20 minutes!

so, it should be here in the next few days, I don’t actually have a layout, and haven’t done for about 30 years, so that may need to change now!

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, JamesV said:

Had similar problems to others with the card payment issue, though this was my fault as I pre-ordered it on a card I rarely use, so had no money in the account,

The weird thing I have is that on making a pre-order it goes through the Verified By Visa faff so you'd think it would be OK. But when when they try to take the payment later. Fail.... 

1 hour ago, 30801 said:

The weird thing I have is that on making a pre-order it goes through the Verified By Visa faff so you'd think it would be OK. But when when they try to take the payment later. Fail.... 

ah was entirely my fault in my case, card I used to pre-order was lacking in funds! It doesn’t get used often as it’s a pre-pay MasterCard for internet purchases.

Luckily I woke up to this note from the good lady this morning... she’s a keeper! 

2666A6F3-5A11-43ED-BA2C-709765756B40.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, JamesV said:

Luckily I woke up to this note from the good lady this morning... she’s a keeper! 

2666A6F3-5A11-43ED-BA2C-709765756B40.jpeg

All I got was 'Do you need another train? blah blah something' I'd stopped listening by then.

• Like 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

24 minutes ago, 30801 said:

All I got was 'Do you need another train? blah blah something' I'd stopped listening by then.

I think in my case she realised what it meant to me, as I say, I don’t have a layout (or any track, a controller or anything) but last year I was very unwell, and suffered a huge bilateral pulmonary embolism at the ripe age of 39, so being able to do something to support the guys that brought me back from the brink was very important to me.

• Friendly/supportive 12

8 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

A presentation model has already, of course, been sent to Captain Sir Tom Moore.

I'd be interested to know what number it is. 1, 99 or 100 would be good! I think he was 99 when he did the fundraising wasn't he?

Mine turned up today, all in all nice for what it is but I doubt I'll be buying any more Hornby 66s. My son is made up with it though, although the air dam at one end was broken so I'll have to raise that with H. I just need to decide if I am going to leave it DC for him to run on some spare track I have or chip it and run it on my layout.

Mine is 730 IIRC and I was in the 500-1000 in ordering so got a number befitting my order.

Got mine yesterday.  No issues and running great. TTS and name plates in place and going much better under DCC than with my Duette!

Its number 0027 - and over 3000 had been announced by the time I decided to try and order one! I wonder if there's ever a correlation between order being placed and Ltd Ed number? And does anyone care?

Very happy and great going from Hornby, GBRf and of course Capt. Tom.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, ellocoloco said:

Its number 0027 - and over 3000 had been announced by the time I decided to try and order one! I wonder if there's ever a correlation between order being placed and Ltd Ed number? And does anyone care?

I suspect that the people who do care about Limited Edition number won't have removed the loco from the box, let alone stuck the nameplates on and actually run it.  And as for taking it apart to put a DCC chip in it... 

But each to their own, I guess... 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, 3rd Rail Exile said:

I suspect that the people who do care about Limited Edition number won't have removed the loco from the box, let alone stuck the nameplates on and actually run it.  And as for taking it apart to put a DCC chip in it... 

But each to their own, I guess... 

There was a mention somewhere that very few of the "Centenary prizes" have been claimed so far. I wonder whether they are in boxes that haven't been opened....

Jason

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

There was a mention somewhere that very few of the "Centenary prizes" have been claimed so far. I wonder whether they are in boxes that haven't been opened....

Jason

not heard about that, what’s it all about 

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, big jim said:

not heard about that, what’s it all about 

Some of the centenery products have a Willy Wonka golden ticket in the box that gets you a fabulous prize. (presumably not a near fatal factory tour) 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4