Hornby Class 66 NHS ltd edition

Garry D100

• RMweb Gold

Well it took my credit card details, and gave me this in response...

46DF289D-3223-447B-8FF7-5CA747970AEA.jpeg.b2f6f8b7d5521b0cb4edebc1f9a9ca2a.jpeg

maybe they've gone looking for it in the back room ?

Keep trying, 

I do hope they sell out tonight, it would be a great headline for Hornby, for Toms birthday and of course the NHS.

Maybe though Hornby should hold on to Number 1,100 and 500.. then auction them to highest charity bidder.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Garry D100 said:

It is also on the Hattons Website but sold out on pre-order @ 74.99.  However, it also says "We have been able to order a very small amount of this Limited Edition model. Please sign up for an alert to be made aware if any further stock will become available."  I've put my name down just in case.  Hopefully they will make more bacause ist more Money for the NHS.

5 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Well it took my credit card details, and gave me this in response...

46DF289D-3223-447B-8FF7-5CA747970AEA.jpeg.b2f6f8b7d5521b0cb4edebc1f9a9ca2a.jpeg

maybe they've gone looking for spare change ?

Keep trying, 

I do hope they sell out tonight, it would be a great headline for Hornby, for Toms birthday and of course the NHS.

Check for an email confirming order, mine popped up 10 secs before the We Will Be back screen appeared - fingers crossed.......

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, JohnR said:

I've been trying for 2 hours without success. I'll try again later, but I suspect the 500 have all been sold by now anyway.

They have, as soon as I got the email from Hornby I went on the site to order....it crashed...been trying ever since....just got through finally to the finish a my paypal details and it said “no more available”.....well done Hornby :rolleyes:

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Garry D100 said:

£20000 is being donated to NHS from sale of the 500 models.

Nice :) didn’t show up on the mobile link when I looked just after you posted. I scrolled down looking if there was. :) 

• Like 1

I tried to get one but unfortunately I arrived seemingly just as the website refused to even load. 

Great idea by Hornby, shame they didn't make more of them! Judging by the comments on the Facebook post, there's quite a few unhappy people who weren't able to get one.

A bit of a dilemma this, 500 and a Limited Edition, if as some say they produced 1000 would it then be a limited edition?  With such small runs these days who knows.  Anyway well done Hornby and all of those involved.  As some have already said I persevered and got there quite early on.  As for people having a go at the web site, it's crap etc, think of what they have just done, of course it's going to slow it down, we've all tried to use it at the same time.  It behaves perfectly well at other times.

• Like 1

TBH, 500/1000 isn't important as far as I'm concerned, its just as important a commemoration of the circumstances as Hornbys 2020 celebration.  And money will still be going to NHS charities!

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

The latest thing is that Hornby are not handling Paypal comms correctly* and its returning to the "make payment" screen on the Hornby website....

Annnd We're back to the good old 502 Bad Gateway.

* I suppose its a slow server thing again...

Edited by Hroth

18 minutes ago, robf said:

A bit of a dilemma this, 500 and a Limited Edition, if as some say they produced 1000 would it then be a limited edition?  With such small runs these days who knows.  Anyway well done Hornby and all of those involved.  As some have already said I persevered and got there quite early on.  As for people having a go at the web site, it's crap etc, think of what they have just done, of course it's going to slow it down, we've all tried to use it at the same time.  It behaves perfectly well at other times.

Given that its for a charitable cause I don't really think the issue of how limited it is is relevant. If they can sell 1000 good, and it reduces the scope for scalpers....!

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, andyman7 said:

Given that its for a charitable cause I don't really think the issue of how limited it is is relevant. If they can sell 1000 good, and it reduces the scope for scalpers....!

Can't disagree with that!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, andyman7 said:

Maybe they should take a leaf out of Col Tom's book and keep going while people keep buying them.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, GeoffBird said:

Hopefully they will make more bacause ist more Money for the NHS.

1 hour ago, Ryde-on-time said:

Shame they were only making 500, Hornby have made many limited editions with far more - meaning they could have raised a far larger donation

Dunno. £74.99 is (pretty close to) the RRP for their bog standard 66. So, it could be that, unless H is making a fiendish markup, the £40/sale donation is not directly out of unit sales, but a flat donation. Either way, it's bloody brilliant.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1