Templecombe allocated Jinties

Just wondering - which Jinties spent time allocated to Templecombe between 1958 and 1966?

I have found 47542 and 47557. The others I have found were at Bath GP. Were there any more?

This is for a renumbering exercise. Thanks.

Thank you. Forgot that site. I have a book with allocations but the print is so small that it hurts the eyes. I really need new glasses - fat chance of that happening at the moment. I know some Jinties (Bagnalls) ventured south of Templecombe as there is the odd photo about but not very many. Guess that these would have been Templecombe based locos.

I think your choice is down to 47542 for a long life loco in your period (that's what I've done). There is an Ivo Peters shot of a Jinty south of Templecombe with the caption saying it's 47342, but that's an error, it should be 47542.  47342 was never on the S&D.

Edited by Combe Martin

Thank you all. I have had a look for Hugh Longworth's tome book of allocations. If this may be useful to people here is the list of S&D allocated Jinties (those with asterisk* were there 6 months or less).

Bath Green Park

47275, 47276, 47308*, 47316, 47465, 47496, 47506, 47539*, 47542, 47544, 47557, 47623*.

Templecombe

47542, 47552, 47557.

Yes my eyes hurt.

Edited by geoffers
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

My knowledge of jintys is not that good, but i always thought the prussian blue ones must have been used into BR days. I had presumed 47314 was old number 23. Did it get moved to another shed somewhere else in the country?

IIRC the blue ones had screw reversers and were transferred to London for use on passenger trains out of Broad Street. 

Initially one was sent up to town for trial purposes.

There is a thread about all this somewhere on RMWeb, which I think I might have started.

Found it: 

Edited by Nearholmer
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

IIRC the blue ones had screw reversers and were transferred to London for use on passenger trains out of Broad Street. 

Initially one was sent up to town for trial purposes.

There is a thread about all this somewhere on RMWeb, which I think I might have started.

Found it: 

That is quite amazing. I grew up in Blandford but moved to London in my 20s. I lived in Dalston on the old (now re opened) NLR line. To think i was modeling the old S&D in a location the old Jintys had run is news to me. Thank you so much Nearholmer.

Edited by down the sdjr
  • Like 1