Hi all i just thought some of you might like to see what ive been up to in the cellar,

This is my project Hymek that ive been personalising its an old triang Hymek body thats been shaved to get rid of the paint guides and nose handrails and then slowly painted into Large Logo (i know they never carried this but See Rule one) the paint is far from perfect and the pro repainters definately earn their money on these but it was a £5 shell so what the hell. Its goint to be detailed with a craftsman kit i found on Ebay giving better handrails bufferbeam detailing and lamp brackets, It will also be renumbered in to 35063 as it carried D7063 previously. 

Its still got some way to go but if it passes the squint test ill be happy 

It needs a name (assuming i can find custom made nameplates) so any suggestions i was thinking Beyer Adventurer or something 

Thanks 

LLHymek.jpg

Edited by Mainlinefreighter58
number error
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, muddy water said:

Looking a bit like a short class 50 in this livery! 
If only they had keep them on!

black window frames? 
You will be doing a Network South East one next!

yep looking at every picture i can find of large logo they have black windowframes, hmm theres an idea doing one in NSE .... im sure someone with phoshop skills can oblige 

• 3 weeks later...

It is looking good. Once you have finished it, Mainlinefreighter, there is a topic for fictional liveries on models that your Hymek would fit perfectly into if you would like to post a couple of pics there.

• Like 1

On 11/05/2020 at 13:24, Mainlinefreighter58 said:

Different progress photo, As the old triang Chassis was cracked and brittle beyond repair (power bogie now sold off) a newer ringfield type one was sourced this may end up CD converted,  anyway some of the bufferbeam details added to the new chassis

Did the detail parts com with the chassis or do you use something else?

16 hours ago, bartram108 said:

Did the detail parts com with the chassis or do you use something else?

I got lucky on Ebay and found a Craftsman detailing kit for a class 35, it had handrails, lights, aircylinder, and vacuum/steam pipes. been keeping an eye out for any more similar kits i find on ebay 

On 04/06/2020 at 09:24, Mainlinefreighter58 said:

I got lucky on Ebay and found a Craftsman detailing kit for a class 35, it had handrails, lights, aircylinder, and vacuum/steam pipes. been keeping an eye out for any more similar kits i find on ebay 

Thanks for responding - I wish I'd returned to the hobby when such kits were still readily available.

17 hours ago, bartram108 said:

Thanks for responding - I wish I'd returned to the hobby when such kits were still readily available.

you can fudge together hoses using wound and plain guitar strings its some of the other stuff youll have to improvise but they do come up on ebay sometimes 

• 2 weeks later...

Ive gone as far as i can with 35063 for now. Decals are all complete and it sits on its lowered chassis. will have to do a little bit of weathering to hide the crimes and then wait for some ultrascale wheels and the nameplate which could be several months away yet. Handrails on the 1 end are on. ive not bothered with the 2 end as its not likely to be seen 

104839327_2618346365145801_379022811951684535_n.jpg

105550284_542568059960133_6235095268514309124_n.jpg

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...