Accurascale PCA STS Wagons

ACCURASCALE AND REALTRACK TEAM UP TO RELEASE PCA CEMENT WAGON IN 4MM AND 2MM

IMG_2816.JPG

Accurascale today announces its next model; the CFMF PCA bulk cement wagon in 4mm scale and a 2mm variant in collaboration with Realtrack Models. Both models were unveiled with pre-production samples at the Great Electric Train Show in Milton Keynes on September 13th.

Built by CFMF of France for wagon leasing company STS, the 50 PCA bulk cement wagons of the PC017B design diagram started entering service in 1982. Assigned the numbers STS10600-STS10651, 15 members of the fleet were hired to Rugby Cement for use on workings from Halling Cement Works in Kent to Greenford, Southampton, and possibly Bow Goods and Tilbury Riverside.

Meanwhile, other examples were leased to Blue Circle for use on a number of workings. This included: special cement (e.g. Sulfacrete) from Swanscombe to destinations that included Barnstaple, Bristol Avonside Wharf, Exeter Central, Leeds Marsh Lane, Middlesbrough Goods, Southampton and Theale; special cement from Rhoose to destinations that included Bristol Lawrence Hill, Carmarthen, Exeter Central, Gloucester Llanthony, Hamworthy, Plymouth Friary and Taunton; oil well cement from Snodland to Chacewater; and bulk cement from Westbury to destinations that included Barnstaple, Carmarthen, Gloucester Llanthony and Southampton.

A further batch of 15 wagons was manufactured in 1985 by another French firm, Fauvet-Girel. Numbered STS74030-STS74044 and assigned design diagram PC017C, these vehicles received Rugby Cement livery and replaced the wagons from the previous batch which had been leased to that company.

All wagons were re-liveried in 1996 when they were leased by Castle Cement for use on workings to London – initially to Kings Cross freight depot and then to the freight facility at St. Pancras from 2003. Since 2013, a number of these wagons have also been used on workings between Clitheroe and Avonmouth.

Realtrack Models previously announced a model of this distinctive wagon, but approached Accurascale in Spring 2018 with a view to forward the project, while also developing a 2mm variant. The two companies have worked together to bring forward the model, with Accurascale releasing the 4mm wagon under its own brand and Realtrack releasing the 2mm model under its banner.

Accurascale’s 4mm version will see the model released in STS dark grey, Rugby Cement and Castle Cement branding, featuring multiple running numbers in packs of three. The 4mm packs are priced at £69.95 for 3 wagons, with attractive reductions across all three liveries for rake bundle deals. Each wagon is at the standard customers expect of Accurascale, with over 100 separate parts in each wagon, with the highest attention paid to accuracy, detail and running quality. Ease of conversion to EM and P4 is also incorporated, as well as NEM pockets at the correct height. A factory sample has been received in both scales and a number of tweaks and corrections are currently being made before production. Realtrack will release the wagons in the same three liveries as Accurascale, with prices TBA.

The project is well advanced with Accurascale’s newest factory and a delivery date of January 2019. The Realtrack 2mm version is due in Q1 2019. Pre-orders of the 4mm wagon are available now exclusively via the Accurascale website: www.accurascale.co.uk

Accurascale would like to extend a sincere thank you to Trevor Mann, David Monk-Steel, David Ratcliffe and Mark Saunders for their invaluable assistance and research in producing this model.

image (17).png

Image from iOS (8).jpg

IMG_2817.JPG

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

This is fantastic - been wanting these for ages. Are you planning the Blue Circle pale grey too?

Just an aside: I went to the website and started to order (what looked to me like) the N ones, then right at the last minute realised it was Pack N in 00 scale. Not a massive problem, but if you are planning on multi-packs in multi-scales maybe a number convention such as 00-A, 00-B, N-A, N-B or 4A, 4B, 2A, 2B etc might avoid doubt?

But this is great news and I'm looking forward to acquiring some.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just a quick question for those that have ordered, did your credit card get charged now or is it when the models are posted out?

Thanks....

Hi Andy Mac,

If you order on the site now, full payment will be taken if you choose Credit/debit card or Paypal. The orders will be shipped to you at year end / early January.

If you would prefer to order now and pay later / closer to delivery, choose Bank Transfer as your payment method, and you'l receive an invoice you can complete payment on later.

Hope that helps!

Stephen

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

You have to hand it to these guys.Another well -researched product delivered with superb marketing flair .They'll have us eating out of their hands in no time at all.

...I think they all ready have....just ordered a Castle Cement bundle to keep my Cemflo and HUO bundles company!

Keith

Hi there,

This is fantastic - been wanting these for ages. Are you planning the Blue Circle pale grey too?

Cheers

Ben A.

Ben - they aren't the same. They had disc brakes and possibly other details https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/bccfrenchpca

This is my collection of the STS version as modelled - unfortunately despite seeing the Kettons frequently I've never photographed them. https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/stspca

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the feedback everyone! As you can see we are fairly well advanced with the model. Tweaks are required of course but we are on course for our January release date. Sales have been brisk so far and feedback at the MK show today on the preproduction sample has been most positive!

Cheers!

Fran

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to Fran today, I was lucky enough to have had the wagon in my grubby mitts today. The etched detail is superb. Having built a couple of the 51A/Wizard PCAs there is no contest. As the Castle stock is local to me, they have been duly ordered. Hoping that they will be running on New Bryford at it's last show in Feb 2019.

Cheers

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Whilst these prototypes are well outside my era of modelling and I unfortunately won't be buying any, I think Accurascale and Realtrack are to be commended for developing and issuing models in 4 and 2mm, in parallel.

I'm looking forward to placing a big order for the Cemflos (in colaboration with RevolutioN), and any other transition era rolling stock Accurascale may be considering for 2mm

Many thanks for not neglecting the N modellers.

Best

Scott

• Like 1

Oh ruddy hell, we better crack that whip on China to keep them on schedule!

Amended CAD and (shortest)Snag List (I've ever written) went to the Far East while you were on the tarmac in Dublin... keep it to yourself..  :secret:

RM

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Curious but tonight I see £86-04 for a pack of three vs £69-95 yesterday. Did they go up, or a small glitches somewhere please?

Second question, do we know which running numbers were leased to Blue Circle?

Glitch, price has certainly not gone up. Investigating! 

• RMweb Gold

Glitch, price has certainly not gone up. Investigating!

Fwiw i get offered a price of £56.87...post-20773-0-01697800-1539556118_thumb.png

I’m using an Ipad with Safari, ios 12.0.1 in London, if that qualifies me for this special price..

Quite a bargain..post-20773-0-36336900-1539556544_thumb.png

It gets me at the next step though.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

The website uses geoIP location to show you the price for your VAT jurisdiction.

If your IP is outside the EU it will show it ex Vat

Once you login or supply your actual location at checkout it will confirm the actual pricing with vat and shipping where applicable.

If anyone is having erroneous pricing while inside the EU do please drop me a pm and I can investigate. Thanks!

• Like 1