Accurascale PCA STS Wagons

• RMweb Premium

A mixed rake of PCS and Hanson JPAs has turned up for a couple of days on 6M90/6V35 Clitheroe-Avonmouth. There;s a been a shortage of JPAs as they have suffered severe wheel flats recently. 

190304 66725 6V35 Clitheroe Castle Cement - Avonmouth Hanson Sdg Summer Hill 9747

They have also been receiving extra VTG safety markings, 

I'm hoping to get a clearer shot and have some decals made.

1523796901_PCAsticker1.jpg.97aa1b72f41735505f7cf84e6d5fb60d.jpg

1930906562_PCAsticker2.jpg.9af00f78bef054cc7f12505b18df22d3.jpg

Ta to SM for the PCA pics

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, newbryford said:

A mixed rake of PCS and Hanson JPAs has turned up for a couple of days on 6M90/6V35 Clitheroe-Avonmouth. There;s a been a shortage of JPAs as they have suffered severe wheel flats recently. 

190304 66725 6V35 Clitheroe Castle Cement - Avonmouth Hanson Sdg Summer Hill 9747

They have also been receiving extra VTG safety markings, 

I'm hoping to get a clearer shot and have some decals made.

1523796901_PCAsticker1.jpg.97aa1b72f41735505f7cf84e6d5fb60d.jpg

1930906562_PCAsticker2.jpg.9af00f78bef054cc7f12505b18df22d3.jpg

Ta to SM for the PCA pics

Cheers,

Mick

Seem to recall a few close up shots of those safety logos on the Revolution JNA/MMA page, if its any good to you.

Regards,

C.

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, dogbox321 said:

Seem to recall a few close up shots of those safety logos on the Revolution JNA/MMA page, if its any good to you.

Regards,

C.

Thanks for that -found them.

I guess they could be manipulated using GIMP or similar, but hoping for a square on shot soon!

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

Great stuff, but to truly cement your reputation, we need all new vee tanks and PDAs. The Lima tooling is long in the tooth and we just know you will get them right.

Strangely I have never found a photo of these PCAs with the more numerous vee tanks (though the odd Bachmann style PCA did appear with yours from time to time).

Oh Crikey - already !! ........................... :wacko: 

No pocket money or food for the kids next week then ................

Yup - agree with the PDA (APCM 95xx variety) comment above ..............think you'd sell more than a few

Edited by Southernman46
  • Funny 1

16 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Not sure if it’s been asked already but after the PCV’s and PCA’s, will the JPA’s be next cement wagon?

What about the Bachmann model? Would seem an odd choice to duplicate when there are so many other prototypes left to be modelled.

High on my list are the Powell Duffryn PXA steel wagons operated out of South Wales. Interesting prototype and you don't have to have a huge rake, often ran with 1 or 2 to Hamworthy.

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/pdufcoilpxa

Hopefully someone will do them one day...

• Agree 2

A few shots of mine from early in their careers.

10607 (I think) at Leicester in May 1983 at the back of a train of Ketton PCAs (the fading yellow is great!)

1272489451_N29_0020possSTS10607LeicesterMay1983.jpg.623575bd8f64169e9fb90358222d26fd.jpg

74040 at Strood in 1985, heading for Rugby's works at Halling:

1506661391_85-13-4STS74040RugbyStrood.jpg.00fb0d816ad5d4e3b5c220267923cd7d.jpg

And a Sulfacrete one, 10620, at Hoo Junction in the trip working from Swanscombe between a Blue Circle 'V' PCA to the right and another STS example to the left. The sun's very low and a bit yellowy I think, but it does show the darker grey compared to the one on the right.

1652547001_85-2-27STS10620SulfacreteHooJn.jpg.5482663fa0cbab045fadaff9402b9457.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, SouthernMafia said:

What about the Bachmann model? Would seem an odd choice to duplicate when there are so many other prototypes left to be modelled.

High on my list are the Powell Duffryn PXA steel wagons operated out of South Wales. Interesting prototype and you don't have to have a huge rake, often ran with 1 or 2 to Hamworthy.

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/pdufcoilpxa

Hopefully someone will do them one day...

I’m still new to modern UK modelling, especially wagons and I wasn’t aware of the Bachmann model.  Thanks for the information and I’ll have to research the Bachmann model.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, jools1959 said:

I’m still new to modern UK modelling, especially wagons and I wasn’t aware of the Bachmann model.  Thanks for the information and I’ll have to research the Bachmann model.

Apologies for hijacking the Accurascale thread.

Bachmann Castle Cement JPA is 38-201, the Lafarge version is 38-200.

The Castle ones go for silly money, compared with the original RRP.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 071 said:

They have left the factory and are on the way! They should be landing with you within two weeks between travel, customs, QC and packing.

Here we go again!

Cheers,

Fran

So this from the middle of October :o Take note other suppliers. Carlsberg don't do model railways but if they did.......

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, westie7 said:

So this from the middle of October :o Take note other suppliers. Carlsberg don't do model railways but if they did.......

We're actually annoyed that they're late as we were supposed to have them for the Glasgow show.... :) 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 4