Accurascale PCA STS Wagons

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, classy52 said:

Hey Accurascale I suppose you couldn't do a Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal on the remaining  Castle Cement PCA's :heart_mini:

Afraid not as they’re almost all gone.. Sorry!

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 05/01/2019 at 20:33, newbryford said:

ISTR a pair of STS wagons turned up at Clitheroe Cement works many years ago. 

I think they were in the Clyde Cement Coatbridge working that was formed of bogie hoppers and tanks.

Cheers,

Mick

I was just looking back through some emails and was reminded of this.

Pic from flickr

37117 and 37149 at Lostock Hall on 31st May 1984.

Currently cross-referencing my collection of Accurascale PCAs with my graffiti/weathered pics.

I have 8 sorted so far.

Plan is to have the rake ready for Stafford Ex in 2020 running on DL as an additional Clitheroe-St Pancras, diverted via Derby due to closure of the Erewash valley line.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Finally managed to run 6 of my 18 Castle Cement tanks on Badgers Cross (was waiting until all weathered but taking an age).  I will also add that I am running them with the supplied drop link coupling and I am super impressed. They run perfectly and the layout incorporates everything from reverse curves, helixes, lots of points and canted track (all set track). Very, very impressed and they look stunning. 
Great job Accurascale and roll on my JSA’s and 37’s.

Merry Christmas.

Edited by Andy7
Spelling error.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants to get the Castle Cement PCA's TMC (The Model Centre) seem to have stock of Packs L, M, N & O (except for J &K) selling on Ebay at RRP, weirdly they are not offered on their own website but I'm sure there is a reason for that, was just browsing thus have no association with TMC but thought I would mention it here if that's ok in case anyone is looking for them.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 11:40, Accurascale Fran said:

Looks excellent, Mick! Well done!

Cheers!

Fran

All done.

Debut at Stafford and then you can see them again at Ally Pally!

pca.jpg.98a598fbd7cb005d8120f7fac4221eb0.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 9

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/01/2020 at 13:59, Eddie R v2.0 said:

As usual I am late to the party with this release but I received my set of 3 STS grey wagons this morning. Was blown away by the detail on them, just stunning. Only problem- 3 wagons now isn’t enough! So I’ll need to get another pack or two. 

I promise you will regret it if you don't get the remaining 3 packs and only buy 2. Mine look lovely behind an IC livery Airtour Suisse, a 73 known to have pulled them.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I am very late joining this thread. these wagons are truly wonderful to watch in a large rake. 

I posted this video link in the Hattons 66 thread a few days ago, although it belongs here too to highlight these amazing wagons. 

5BA17D91-F8BB-4421-8406-1DB9C004414D.jpeg

64187BB2-07BA-4A81-A034-68BF775B6C8C.jpeg

Edited by Dicky L
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/04/2020 at 09:10, Dicky L said:

I am very late joining this thread. these wagons are truly wonderful to watch in a large rake. 

I posted this video link in the Hattons 66 thread a few days ago, although it belongs here too to highlight these amazing wagons. 

5BA17D91-F8BB-4421-8406-1DB9C004414D.jpeg

64187BB2-07BA-4A81-A034-68BF775B6C8C.jpeg

Thanks Dicky just seen 66789 hauling a full rake of these from Gloucester to Clitheroe on You Tube, shame someone has defaced the PCA's with Graffiti.

Best,

Chris 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Chrisjh said:

Thanks Dicky just seen 66789 hauling a full rake of these from Gloucester to Clitheroe on You Tube, shame someone has defaced the PCA's with Graffiti.

Best,

Chris 

I don’t allow graffiti on my wagons.  Anyone found guilty of this crime in my Chesborough North area will be sentenced to the electric chair immediately :D

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Dicky L said:

I don’t allow graffiti on my wagons.  Anyone found guilty of this crime in my Chesborough North area will be sentenced to the electric chair immediately :D

Somebody has copied the graffiti on at least 6 of my wagons...…….

• Like 1

• 1 month later...