Accurascale PCA STS Wagons

Hi All,

Having been 'wowed' by the PFA Cawood's wagons & my subsequent purchase earlier in the year, I have now invested in several packs of the superb Rugby cement PCA's.

I have seen photo's of these being hauled by class 33 & class 73, but does anyone have any images of these wagons being hauled by any other class i.e. 31, 37, 47, 56 (or even class 60 but this maybe unrealistic looking at the introduction of these loco's & the re-livery of the wagons).

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I received an email from Accurascale today regarding new bundle offers, including the Rugby Cement PCA's. Is this a 'new' bundle with different running numbers to a bundle i bought earlier this month, or just the same?

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, bartram108 said:

I received an email from Accurascale today regarding new bundle offers, including the Rugby Cement PCA's. Is this a 'new' bundle with different running numbers to a bundle i bought earlier this month, or just the same?

It's the same bundle, we have not done a new run. Only 15 of these wagons got the Rugby livery so technically we cant do new numbers for them.

Cheers!

Fran

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

It's the same bundle, we have not done a new run. Only 15 of these wagons got the Rugby livery so technically we cant do new numbers for them.

Cheers!

Fran

Cheers Fran, perhaps I could combine a rake of the STS variant, or is that being greedy?

BTW, somebody in your organisation isn't very good at maths. Your offer of 19 Cemflo wagons for £390.19 works out @ £20.54 each, not £22.89 as advertised in your email, which would be the approximate cost per wagon for only 17. I have to say I'm very tempted whatever it works out at.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, bartram108 said:

Cheers Fran, perhaps I could combine a rake of the STS variant, or is that being greedy?

BTW, somebody in your organisation isn't very good at maths. Your offer of 19 Cemflo wagons for £390.19 works out @ £20.54 each, not £22.89 as advertised in your email, which would be the approximate cost per wagon for only 17. I have to say I'm very tempted whatever it works out at.

Would not be greedy at all, STS Grey ran alongside the Rugby wagons so would bolster the fleet well!

Well spotted, nice to see we're even better value than we thought! :lol: Those cemflos dont quite get the love our other wagon get, but they really are rather lovely, hence I have them as my avatar, but I guess I'm biased too! 

Cheers,

Fran

3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Would not be greedy at all, STS Grey ran alongside the Rugby wagons so would bolster the fleet well!

Well spotted, nice to see we're even better value than we thought! :lol: Those cemflos dont quite get the love our other wagon get, but they really are rather lovely, hence I have them as my avatar, but I guess I'm biased too! 

Cheers,

Fran

I see your latest email has the amended per wagon price - glad to be of assistance. At the 'real' saving I'm very tempted - roll on ERNIE on Saturday

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, jools1959 said:

I missed the first run of the Castle Cement PCA’s and I’m wondering if there’s going to be another run of these?

We may do another one in the future once our current PCA stock is sold out.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

The Southampton to Halling run, often included one or two extra wagons of a different build, also with Rugby Cement branding... has anyone made these? Or even Rugby Cement transfers to apply to similar wagons released by other manufacturers that may be in a different livery?

Sorry, not sure of the running numbers or build type off-hand... but most pics of the train in question will show them... usually on the London end of the LSWR section of the journey.

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Pete47401 said:

The Southampton to Halling run, often included one or two extra wagons of a different build, also with Rugby Cement branding... has anyone made these? Or even Rugby Cement transfers to apply to similar wagons released by other manufacturers that may be in a different livery?

Sorry, not sure of the running numbers or build type off-hand... but most pics of the train in question will show them... usually on the London end of the LSWR section of the journey.

Hi Pete,

I assume you mean this type of PCA? They mixed with our STS grey wagons too (as did our our Rugby cement PCAs)

73141 St Denys 2-10-84

And while it did often run with this additional PCA it often did not too :)

33035  St Denys

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Pete,

I assume you mean this type of PCA? They mixed with our STS grey wagons too (as did our our Rugby cement PCAs)

73141 St Denys 2-10-84

And while it did often run with this additional PCA it often did not too :)

33035  St Denys

Cheers!

Fran

Yes indeed, those are the ones, thanks for the reply. I had also come across that shot on Flickr of the uniform rake though most pics show it with a pair of the other wagon type (also less common being a Crompton instead of an ED).

I remember seeing and photographing the train myself, hence the interest! Your plain grey wagons don't particularly ring a bell though, so not sure if they worked it at different periods or intermittently with the Rugby ones. Maybe it's just the Rugby livery ones stick in the memory more than the plain ones.

Perhaps I will invest in a rake (always interested in anything 1980s SR freight-wise). Are you still signing up trade accounts (and maybe make it several rakes)? Noticed there were a coupe of other preservation groups listed...

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 20:36, SouthernMafia said:

I could be wrong but would a Bachmann PCA be a suitable donor wagon, and I think Fox do the transfers.

Probably near enough, I'm not fussy! Just think a mixed rake would look more interesting than a completely uniform one...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

More prototype pics of the Castle PCAs.

A couple of months ago, the wagons allocated to the Avonmouth-Clitheroe duty received small "Ribblesdale" stickers. (The Clitheroe site is officially Ribblesdale Cement works).

I haven't been able to get decent pics until now. 6M90 Avonmouth-Clitheroe 19/9/20.

ribblesdale1.jpg.2d433d3ad67906fb8bf8ba53baa5b358.jpg

ribblesdale2.jpg.b513201587726e2058fd7394c3367d2a.jpg

It looked like 15 of the 16 in the rake had the sticker in a similar location, but as always, there's one that has to be different.

ribblesdale3.jpg.44cad0f39994afc2d4fc08ca7fe3a25c.jpg

10646 has had the sticker applied over the graffiti.

Note the lack of VTG safety "egg". This wagon was tagged after the fleet received the egg stickers.

ribblesdale4.jpg.696c98f86a1f182c9682776bd39911d5.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
59 minutes ago, Ruairidh Munro said:

Unfortunately I believe the only thing these have in common with the models produced by Accurascale so far is the TOPS code.  This is a wagon type I’ve been hoping would be produced RTR for years.  It’s a completely different prototype but is a must for anyone modelling the West Highland Line amongst others.

If they’re ever announced RTR, I’ll take around 30 straight away.

Cheers

Martin

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

5 hours ago, Rammstein2609 said:

Unfortunately I believe the only thing these have in common with the models produced by Accurascale so far is the TOPS code.  This is a wagon type I’ve been hoping would be produced RTR for years.  It’s a completely different prototype but is a must for anyone modelling the West Highland Line amongst others.

If they’re ever announced RTR, I’ll take around 30 straight away.

Cheers

Martin

Yeah that's my understanding too.  However the Blue Circle Cement version is very similar to the version Accurascale issued with only differences being type of brake and a different shaped ladder i think - these ran up to Inverness at least and I suspect probably Aberdeen too - would love to see a version of these.  I guess i could modify a standard AS release but a) i would botch it on such a beautifully detailed wagon, & b) as soon as i i did AS would announce this variant....

37 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yeah that's my understanding too.  However the Blue Circle Cement version is very similar to the version Accurascale issued with only differences being type of brake and a different shaped ladder i think - these ran up to Inverness at least and I suspect probably Aberdeen too - would love to see a version of these.  I guess i could modify a standard AS release but a) i would botch it on such a beautifully detailed wagon, & b) as soon as i i did AS would announce this variant....

These ? https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/bccfrenchpca/e24320bf7

Not sure where Alcan and Deltics comes in. 

Paul

Yep - absolutely nothing to do with Alcan and Deltics.  A poorly worded response on my part.  The only thing in common is both ran in Scotland - was using the opportunity to nudge AS towards a BCC variant of the existing PCA wagon (exactly as per your links which shows the different brake arrangement nicely) which i've seen photos of at Inverness and i would assume Aberdeen too meaning they must traverse a large part of the Scottish network - but almost certainly not the WHL!

M

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yep - absolutely nothing to do with Alcan and Deltics.  A poorly worded response on my part.  The only thing in common is both ran in Scotland - was using the opportunity to nudge AS towards a BCC variant of the existing PCA wagon (exactly as per your links which shows the different brake arrangement nicely) which i've seen photos of at Inverness and i would assume Aberdeen too meaning they must traverse a large part of the Scottish network - but almost certainly not the WHL!

M

I bought a triple pack to de brand and weather for that exact working. Whilst not exactly the right variant, There were typically a few mixed into rakes that run from Oxwellmains to Inverness under Freightliner traction. Colas now haul these workings and the large bogie cement tanks have mostly taken over. 

Cheers

Mark

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

M

They were indeed seen at Craiginches in Freightliner times, but the metalair and v tanks seem to be the only 4 wheelers used now.

20200617_165043.jpg.2b87692d0bbd09c1ccc69358eb9cfadf.jpg