Accurascale PCA STS Wagons

• RMweb Premium

Yesterday's day off coincided with 6M90 Gloucester-Clitheroe and the PCA rake that is used when extra trains are required above and beyond the thrice weekly working with JPA bogie tanks.

66715 "Valour" at the pointy end of 26 PCAs - 16x PC017B 106xx tanks as per Accurascale's model, and 8 x PC017C 740xx 

post-408-0-59723800-1546553812_thumb.jpg

It does a reversal over the crossover at Horrocksford Junction before running round and shunting into Clitheroe Cement works - allowing shots of both sides of the set and some overhead shots as well.

I'm particularly interested in the graffiti and weathering on them.

Here's a selection starting with a "clean" 10628

post-408-0-61156200-1546554055_thumb.jpg

Here's one I couldn't identify at first - 106?5 as the yellow plate had a number scratched off.

post-408-0-71433400-1546554083_thumb.jpg

So hoping for more on the other side

post-408-0-85870100-1546554423_thumb.jpg

yeah right!

post-408-0-13037100-1546554071_thumb.jpg

Luckily one of my local gen lists had the consist for 6M90 and later identified as 10635

The mesh doesn't let everything through.

post-408-0-07124600-1546554297_thumb.jpg

And 10643 is another tagged example.

post-408-0-52218700-1546554112_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

The latest photos really do show these to be incredibly nice wagons.  Can anyone confirm if the STS plain dark grey variants ever worked in rakes mixed with different liveried examples?

And also, was this Caib liveried example a one-off?  https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/stspca/h3f1c5225#h3f1c5225

thanks

Al

Hi Al,

In all the pics we have seen so far the STS grey examples worked in their own rake, but that of course doesn’t mean they did not work with others, we just haven’t seen a picture of it yet!

Yes, the CAIB livery was a one off.

Cheers for your kind words!

Fran

• RMweb Premium

Hi Al,

In all the pics we have seen so far the STS grey examples worked in their own rake, but that of course doesn’t mean they did not work with others, we just haven’t seen a picture of it yet!

Yes, the CAIB livery was a one off.

Cheers for your kind words!

Fran

ISTR a pair of STS wagons turned up at Clitheroe Cement works many years ago. 

I think they were in the Clyde Cement Coatbridge working that was formed of bogie hoppers and tanks.

Cheers,

Mick

Hi,

Has anybody got any information regarding the length of these wagons.

Just wondering if I would get a rake of 18 wagons into the fiddle yard.

If not, I might have to build a New layout to accommodate them, they look that Good !!!

Thanks for any help forthcoming.

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Has anybody got any information regarding the length of these wagons.

Just wondering if I would get a rake of 18 wagons into the fiddle yard.

If not, I might have to build a New layout to accommodate them, they look that Good !!!

Thanks for any help forthcoming.

Hi Paul,

post-7114-0-29607400-1546785339.png

You’re looking at around 109mm (108.92 to be exact!) per wagon from buffer to buffer if that helps?

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Paul,

6EF2D646-16B9-4659-B9F9-64ADE8DE7EE0.png

You’re looking at around 109mm (108.92 to be exact!) per wagon from buffer to buffer if that helps?

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran,

Perfect !!!

Thanks for the very quick response.

That information will certainly help.

I'm not sure if these wagons would have run through my layout of Nottingham Station, "London Road"

But, I'm sure that I could have a "Diversion" in progress !!!

Thank you again.

Cheers,

Paul

Edited by Perfect Paul
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone, 

We have sent off the changes to China and they will now be implemented in the production run. We noticed some decoration errors across all three liveries and taking the time to correct them means that delivery has now been delayed until late March as we are about to hit Chinese New Year. We really wanted to get them here beforehand but we rather they're right than rushed. Apologies for the slight delay but we know you value fidelity over everything. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4

Hi everyone, 

We have sent off the changes to China and they will now be implemented in the production run. We noticed some decoration errors across all three liveries and taking the time to correct them means that delivery has now been delayed until late March as we are about to hit Chinese New Year. We really wanted to get them here beforehand but we rather they're right than rushed. Apologies for the slight delay but we know you value fidelity over everything. 

Cheers!

Fran

Phew!  A little while longer to save up.......

• RMweb Premium

Hi everyone, 

Cheers!

Fran

Oh well, I'll have to run the Bachmann JPAs for one for more show.......

I'm sure the PCAs will be worth the wait.

Cheers,

MIck

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Oh well, I'll have to run the Bachmann JPAs for one for more show.......

I'm sure the PCAs will be worth the wait.

Cheers,

MIck

We will have 7 pre-production samples in Castle Cement livery with us in Glasgow which we might be able to lend you at some point over the weekend if you’re interested....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

We will have 7 pre-production samples in Castle Cement livery with us in Glasgow which we might be able to lend you at some point over the weekend if you’re interested....

Cheers,

Mick

Can anyone advise me if any of the Castle Cement livery packs will fit in with my layout period of 1998-2004. I ask as the packs show two different company 'statements' printed under the Castle Cement name on the wagon sides. Onevis 'Heidelberg Cement Group' which puts that livery as post purchase by Heidelberg Cement in May 2007. The other logo is 'Building a better environment'. Is the later an earlier or contemporary with the Heidelberg attribution.

• RMweb Gold

Can anyone advise me if any of the Castle Cement livery packs will fit in with my layout period of 1998-2004. I ask as the packs show two different company 'statements' printed under the Castle Cement name on the wagon sides. Onevis 'Heidelberg Cement Group' which puts that livery as post purchase by Heidelberg Cement in May 2007. The other logo is 'Building a better environment'. Is the later an earlier or contemporary with the Heidelberg attribution.

Hi Rembrow,

The ‘building a better environment’ logo would work best for you, appearing from around 2000 onwards.

Cheers!

Fran