Hornby R4809 ex- airfix mk2E NEM pockets ?

Hi ,

somehow all the pockets that came with these disappeared and I’m struggling to get replacements .

these are ex Hornby mk2E put out in intercity swallow .

i ordered some Hornby NEM pockets off eBay ( x6354 ) but they don’t fit . The triangular recesses seem to have two little spines As per the photo 

any ideas ? 

306B16DB-CF53-474A-AC0E-AB38B89D5B52.jpeg

0A302D42-14F4-4865-82ED-50CDF30EA632.jpeg

Hi Rob, can you take a small file to the coupling and create the grooves as required? Can you perhaps remove the dimples if that would be easier?

Cheers,

Philip

8 minutes ago, Philou said:

Hi Rob, can you take a small file to the coupling and create the grooves as required? Can you perhaps remove the dimples if that would be easier?

Cheers,

Philip

Could do Philip but even peterspares says fits all rolling stock, and it’s be a bit of a pain to do 8

5 minutes ago, hallmodelspares said:

x6354 is from the A1 tornado model spare. x9289 should be the one as it is described as fitting rolling stock

Hmmm, I’m not convinced , someone asked on the Hornby forum and the consensus was the pocket was the same as the above 

9C2B029F-2617-4BFF-9584-476E238E5663.png

It's not the NEM pocket it's the recepticle on the coach! The quality of the moulding is very poor and varies from coach to coach. Most of mine do not need much persuasion to drop out on their own.

Are the splines not there to make the NEM pocket a tight fit in the receptacle on the coach?  If it is too tight, try filling the back face of the NEM pocket tail until it is a push fit, but not loose.

Regards

Roddy

I could file etc, but they are quite annoying because the fit means they are not consistent .

peters model spares agrees with hall  model spares abouve - I’m a bit wary of spending another fiver if they are in fact the same as the Hornby forum moderator thinks .

has anyone got a close up piccy of the supposedly correct ones ? I’m not sure where the originals went I guess they fell out 

Edited by rob D2