Bachmann Scenecraft product announcements - Summer 2020

AY Mod

• Moderators

NEW PRODUCTS CONTINUE TO ROLL FROM BACHMANN EUROPE

The second instalment of Bachmann Europe’s British Railway Announcements was published today with details of a small number of new items for the popular Scenecraft range of fully painted and decorated buildings and accessories.

Alongside these new items, several highly anticipated new tooling projects are also on course for delivery over the next three months with the Bachmann Branchline OO scale Class 117 and 121 DMUs due to arrive, as well as the Graham Farish N scale Thompson Coaches. In total, more than fifty new items are due for release in Summer 2020.

The Summer 2020 British Railway Announcements continues Bachmann’s policy, implemented at the start of the year, of announcing new products every three months. David Haarhaus, Managing Director said: “despite the global disruption caused by the Covid19 pandemic, our ability to announce further new items for arrival in the next three months is testament to the breadth and depth of the product ranges which make up the Bachmann portfolio.

Naturally, we are disappointed that we were unable to hold our Summer showcase event in Bristol to coincide with these announcements, however we look forward to meeting with our customers and members of the Bachmann Collectors Club at future events when it is safe to do so.”

British Railway Announcements is available exclusively with the quarterly Bachmann Times magazine – the Summer 2020 edition of which is being posted Bachmann Collectors Club members today.

Scenecraft Summer 2020.JPG

42-0026.jpg

42-050.jpg

42-0081.jpg

42-111.jpg

42-126.jpg

42-204.jpg

42-215.jpg

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

What is "N scale"?

Yours, pedantically..........

PS The bonded stores look rather effective.

It’s like OO Scale only smaller. 

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 10

• 2 months later...

I received two of the latest scenecraft products over the weekend, they being the K8 twin telephone boxes and the small cylindrical tanks.

Having opened both items that would fit comfortably together in the palm of my hand, (and I am not yetti before anyone asks), I couldn't help feeling that for 50 notes or there abouts the value for money in the scenecraft range has now passed.

Whilst the items are cracking models and well beyond my limited modelling ability, on reflection I was left with the feeling that future purchases within this range will be of a very selective nature if at all.

What do others think.     cheers D7100.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi D7100,

The prices of resin buildings have definitely increased and gone beyond an impulse buy in most cases.  As you say, they are delightful especially in N gauge.  I wonder if there would be a market for the return (re-imagined?) of the original Farish Scenecraft range made from plastic blocks and stickers.  The artwork by Eric Bottomley GRA of those original kits was very good and IMHO the concept worked in N gauge.  Surely such a range would also be cheaper to produce and provide a lower-cost entry point?

Kind regards

Paddy

• RMweb Gold

The 4 road loco shed is very convincing, but if it is intended to be modular and extendable the cost is prohibitive; still, what it costs is what it costs.  I can't see this being a high turnover item and I guess that the pricing reflects this. RTP buildings are achieving the levels of quality and detail we expect from locos, so the price is bound to go up!  

The art deco cinema is an attention grabber, and potentially very useful to detract attention from anomalies such as sharp curves, especially If that sign can be illuminated.  It is begging to be floodlit with uplighting from the top of the canopy!

• Like 1