Small Shed Layout in 00

Hi guys,

I have a baseboard of 9.5ft by 1.5ft which I would like to build a layout to show my locomotive collection (00 gauge) off on. Preferably this would be to build a shed layout in the BR Midland Region in the 50s and 60s for steam and diesel. I have already bought a Peco turntable and would like to incorporate a four road engine shed and a midland style coaling tower. I would also like 1ft of fiddle yard on one end so I can use cassettes to take locomotives off and on to give some operational interest. I would like to use Peco small radius points and streamline track (Code 100?) and try and limit the amount of points I have on the layout as they are costly and I don't have that much money to spare for this project! The board will be cut into 3 equal sections and will have hinges between sections to compact up to a third of the size so it can easily be stored.

If anyone has any ideas, links or plans they could share I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Chris

• RMweb Gold

I have copied over a link to a similar question which many of the folks answered. Hopefully some of this will help you.

Nice to see another LMR layout being planned!

Ian

1 hour ago, ianLMS said:

I have copied over a link to a similar question which many of the folks answered. Hopefully some of this will help you.

Nice to see another LMR layout being planned!

Ian

Thanks Ian! This will prove very useful and yes LMR rules haha