Bachmann back at Hattons

Member 980

Noted that the SECR 'C' Class [31-460A] is on with Hatton's at £207 where as Rails have it at £189.50.

Though Bachmann's own website has it at £224.95.

Sure others will note price differentials too!

Still good to see trading has resumed between the two!

A few rarer/ sought after models in that mix as well. Colas class 70 in 00 gauge comes to mind. They managed to find 8 of them and considering how quickly they sold in the first batch and how hard they are to find second hand for sensible money its rather tempting.

7 minutes ago, Opelsi said:

Noted that the SECR 'C' Class [31-460A] is on with Hatton's at £207 where as Rails have it at £189.50.

Though Bachmann's own website has it at £224.95.

Sure others will note price differentials too!

Still good to see trading has resumed between the two!

It hasn't. They aren't on the list of traders released today!

I expect they've acquired a joblot of stock from a retailer that has closed due to lockdown.

Jason

• RMweb Premium

I don’t thing the Bachmann dealer list very accurate, as my local model shop Topp Trains in Stafford has been a Bachmann dealer and stockists for over five years and is not listed.

Terry 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Good evening everyone,

Hope you are all keeping safe. The fact that there are no N gauge products listed would suggest to me that this has come from another retailer who does not stock N gauge. I know of one over the Pennines that does not stock N gauge and has assisted Hattons with Bachmann products in the past.

All the best

Charles 

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, napierlion said:

Good evening everyone,

Hope you are all keeping safe. The fact that there are no N gauge products listed would suggest to me that this has come from another retailer who does not stock N gauge. I know of one over the Pennines that does not stock N gauge and has assisted Hattons with Bachmann products in the past.

All the best

Charles 

Perhaps best not to discuss publicly if that is the case (speaking as a former retailer).

8 minutes ago, ELTEL said:

I don’t thing the Bachmann dealer list very accurate, as my local model shop Topp Trains in Stafford has been a Bachmann dealer and stockists for over five years and is not listed.

Terry 

Topp Trains are closed though. The list I posted was one of places taking orders online.

https://www.topptrains.co.uk/

Jason

Just now, Joseph_Pestell said:

Perhaps best not to discuss publicly if that is the case (speaking as a former retailer).

We know who it would be.

The question we should probably ask - if Hattons are not a registered retailer and you buy a loco - will Bachmann fix it should it be defective - if not purchased from Barwell are these not grey market models so if Hattons cannot fix or replace then only option will be refund.

• Like 1

• AY Mod locked this topic