Isolation Yard

Hello all

During the lock down I have put together a little inglenook type layout for something to do.

As you can see its a very simple layout. Power is via two wires, the baseboard and backing are a couple of floating shelves. I am thinking about adding photo backscene next. 

Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

David

P1060497_edited.jpga.jpg

P1060502_edited.jpga.jpg

P1060505.jpga.jpg

Edited by devious diesel
  • Like 16

I really like this. I built my inglenook on a floating shelf too but I didn't think of using one for the backscene. I need to re-do my backscene at some point; the one I have was meant to be a proof of concept but I don't have access to a printer at the moment. When I do I may get another shelf and use that as the basis. :)

Lovely layout!

Is it a passenger or goods station? it's just that I can't tell if the office on the far left is a station building or not...

3 hours ago, Hando said:

Lovely layout!

Is it a passenger or goods station? it's just that I can't tell if the office on the far left is a station building or not...

It's a goods yard. The building to the left is a weighbridge office. Might be a bit elaborate for such a small site but I like it.

David

• Like 1

There's a good sense of space on your layout. I really like the goods shed in the first photo. 

I'm trying to do something similar, but getting hold if items can be tricky at the moment! 

Hi David!

Very nice, I like your way to build your layout. 

In your place I would prefer a painted background. It’s  not at all difficult to paint one yourself...

The advantage: You can "adapt" this exactly to your layout.

In any case, I wish you continued fun and success with your system!

Best Regards, ThomasG