• MattDitch changed the title to New gallery - Welsh Highland Railway Centenary 23rd-25th June
  • MattDitch changed the title to New video - Welsh Highland Railway Centenary 23rd-25th June

New Video - South African Narrow Gauge in North Wales

A selection of video clips showing former South African Narrow Gauge locomotives at work on the Welsh Highland Railway between the 23rd & 25th of June 2023.
The locomotives featured are NGG16's 130, 87 & 143. Also featured is "Funkey" diesel "Castell Caernarfon" and the SAR freight train.

• Like 1

• MattDitch changed the title to New Video - South African Narrow Gauge in North Wales
  • 2 weeks later...

North Tyneside Steam railway 2023 steam gala

Here are my pictures taken on the second day of the railways Lambton-themed gala. The gala featured the reunion of Lambton locomotives 0-6-2 No.29 (Kitson w/n 4263) and Austerity No.60 (Hunslet w/n 3686). They were joined by the railway’s other visiting locomotive “Illingworth “ (Hudswell Clarke w/n 1208).

As always the full gallery can be found here

DSC_0022.jpg?format=1500w

DSC_0145.jpg?format=1500w

DSC_0084.jpg?format=1500w

• MattDitch changed the title to New gallery - North Tyneside Steam railway 2023 steam gala
  • 2 weeks later...
  • MattDitch changed the title to New video - Threlkeld Quarry and Mining Museum 2023 steam gala
  • 3 weeks later...

New Video - Exploring the Brampton/ Lord Carlisle's Railway

It's been a little while since I posted a new video, sorry about that!

People who enjoy disused railways should hopefully like this one as I take a look at the remains of the Brampton/ Lord Carlisle's Railway.

• Like 1

• MattDitch changed the title to New Video - Exploring the Brampton/ Lord Carlisle's Railway
  • 2 weeks later...
  • MattDitch changed the title to New gallery - Beamish Museum Autumn Transport Gala 09/09/23

New Video - Beamish Museum Autumn Transport Gala

The video was recorded on the first day of the museum's Autumn Transport Gala and focuses heavily on the operations on the narrow gauge railway. The event featured visiting locomotives Avonside 0-4-0T "Ogwen/Durham and Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0WT "Ashanti" which ran alongside the museums resident NG steam locomotives "Glyder/Grey" and "Samson". Coffee Pot No.1 was also in steam on the standard gauge colliery railway and, footage of this is included in the video.

• MattDitch changed the title to New video - Beamish Museum Autumn Transport Gala 09/09/23
  • 2 weeks later...
  • MattDitch changed the title to New gallery - North Yorkshire Moors Railway 50th Anniversary Steam Gala
  • 2 weeks later...
  • MattDitch changed the title to New video - North Yorkshire Moors Railway 50th Anniversary Steam Gala
  • 2 weeks later...
  • MattDitch changed the title to New gallery - Tanfield Railway - Run it weekend
  • MattDitch changed the title to New video - Tanfield Railway - Run it weekend
  • RMweb Premium

Nice video, thanks for sharing.  Good to see the NCB coaches and goods trains.  I must get back there sometime.

PS Just spent most of the last two days editing my video of the Irish Peat Bog Railways and its still not finished.

• Thanks 1

After some careful reflection, I've made the decision to take a break from creating videos for YouTube. It's been obvious to me for a while that I wasn't enjoying the process. But, I forged on in the hopes that my mood would improve the more I did it. And unfortunately, it has not and I'm now feeling very burnt out and disheartened.

There are several factors that have contributed to this decision. But I don't want to go into too many details. I have every intention of continuing with my photography, so this page and my content aren't going anywhere. But there won't be any new YouTube videos for the foreseeable future. Although I do have some ideas for the future just right now I want to focus on my photography.

Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 months later...

The final video?! - 2023 in review

I've previously discussed my plan to take an indefinite hiatus from creating videos. However, since 2023 is nearly at an end I thought I'd bring the channel back from the dead for one night only to have a look back at 2023.

The video contains clips from all of my railway travel throughout the year including clips from my trip to Wales for the WHR 100 event, along with some clips from my first trip to the Ribble steam railway. And the usual stuff from my local lines.

Although I have no current plans for new videos I do hope to return to video-making at some point in 2024, although I don't think the current video format will return as I find it too much work.

All the best for 2024 and hopefully I'll see some of you out there!

• Like 2

• MattDitch changed the title to The final video?! - 2023 in review
  • 3 months later...
  • MattDitch changed the title to New gallery - Beamish Museum - "Wheels of Industry" gala.
  • MattDitch changed the title to New gallery - Bowes Railway - April 2024